Our lager,

Which art in barrels,

Hallowed be thy drink.

Thy will be drunk,

(I will be drunk),

At home as in the tavern.

Give us this day our foamy head,

And forgive us our spillages,

As we forgive those who spill against us.

And lead us not to incarceration,

But deliver us from hangovers.

For thine is the beer, The bitter and The lager.

Forever and ever,

Barmen bigdrink.gif

Dru said:

Necronomicon said:

Centurians

Those are the aliens from Star Trek right yellaf.gif

Centurians were the cylon soldiers on Battlestar Galactica.

galactica.jpg

I'm always amazed how Loren Green went from being the father figure on Bonanza to the same role on Galactica.

yes "Face" and if you remember the intro to the A-Team, one of those shiny metal robot things walks by him as a subliminal joke. then he goes and shags whoever the token hot 80's chick is in that episode after some flippant remark.

Shut up, catturdeat. This is the land without law around here, any bible humper dur enough to call himself "Climb4Christ" wants to get picked on. In this way, he becomes a martyr, assuming his own Jesus Christ Pose. "I'm a martyr too, just like Jesus H."

Personally, I just quaffed TwoBeers4Loki and I'm about to CoilABrownFlounder4Jehovah.

ARE YOU DRINKING WITH ME, JESUS?

(Peter Berryman)

Do you nestle by my barstool

Makin' me so calm within

Have you touched me with your warmness

Or have I wet myself again?

cho: Are you drinkin' with me Jesus

I can't see you very clear

If you're drinkin' with me Jesus

Won't you buy a friend a beer?

Do you teeter with me, Jesus

On my way home so forlorn

If you think that you feel bad now

Wait until tomorrow morn

Does your head pound with the masses

As hungover you do rise

What does heaven look like, Jesus

Seen through holy bloodshot eyes

Should we take a taxi, Jesus

Should we simply hoof it from here

I know you can walk on the water

But can you walk on this much beer?

catbirdseat said:

This is a very crass thread. I'm a non-believer myself, but I don't go out of my way to ridicule those that do believe. thumbs_down.gif

I have to agree with this all the way. I even think organized religion is sort of dumb, but people should be entitled to their beliefs fruit.gif

allison said:

catbirdseat said:

This is a very crass thread. I'm a non-believer myself, but I don't go out of my way to ridicule those that do believe. thumbs_down.gif

iI have to agree with this all the way. I even think organized religion is sort of dumb, but people should be entitled to their beliefs fruit.gif

I think people are entitled to their beliefs. i never suggested that climb4christ or anyone else isn't entitled to them.

if they have their right to express their religious views, i am entitled to express mine as well. i believe it's odd when people do the ___4christ business. It's such "look at me" sorta thing. i believe i'm entitled to express my discontent w/their attitude. i believe it sucks for you to say that it's crass when i do so.

i can't speak for everyone else posting but i personally made remarks based on my beliefs. Thanks for being crass regarding those. i didn't say i was a non-believer maybe i am maybe i'm not. it doesn't matter. i am tired of a) the overwhelming amount of public christianity to which i'm exposed b) the vanity of people who think i should accept it quietly c) the fact that people think that christ would care what hobbies they do for him.

it's spray, it's crass.

more importantly, we should laugh at religion, even our own. Lightening up a notch, laughing out ourselves, appreciating a little humor in our dogma's might prevent some hostilities.

it's all good smile.gif

catbirdseat said:

Name a melody to use with those lyrics and I'll sing it at the next Pub Club.

The version I'm familiar with was recorded by the Beat Farmers, which means in my head I hear it in Country Dick Montana's rich baritone. It'll probably turn up with standard MP3 piracy methods. Maybe Col.VonSpanker will contribute the trombone solo (where's he been anyway?)

Hey Minx thumbs_up.gif Nicely stated.

catbirdseat said:

I went to Catholic School I've got a right to ridicule those that believe.

And I didn't get smileysex5.gif by any dirty old priest neither.

i am tired of a) the overwhelming amount of public christianity to which i'm exposed b) the vanity of people who think i should accept it quietly c) the fact that people think that christ would care what hobbies they do for him.

At the risk of opening up a whole new Pandora's can of fish, DFA has a few thoughts on the above.

a) Imagine, then, how Christians must feel being exposed to the vast majority of un-Christian stuff out there? For all people's talk about respecting others' beliefs, people get pretty bent if those displaying that belief happen to do so with crosses. Hell, those "clever" little bumperstickers referencing paganism in some way (oooh, you're a Born Again Pagan - ha HAAAA!) have got to be on at least as many cars as the "clever" die-cut praying Calvin stickers. If Christians are supposed to shut up and accept that other people believe differently, why shouldn't everyone else do the same?

b) D'you suppose there's a certain degree of vanity involved in any public display of one's beliefs? You don't have to accept it quietly, but if you're not going to accept PDC (that'd be Public Display of Christianity) quietly, why should any Christian accept a constant barrage of un-Christian input quietly?

c) Christians probably tend to claim they're [fill in the blank]ing for Christ because Christians are, ideally, supposed to live that way. It's perhaps analagous to dedicating a book to someone, or making every day Earth Day (stinky hippies), or some such. So, from a Christian point of view, it's perfectly natural to assume that Jesus would give a flying know what people are doing "4" him.

I would not go out of my way to ridicule the christians if they would just understand what the fuck the constitution was talking about when it stated the need for a seperation of church and state. Until all of the bible thumbing whackos in our government stop talking about "family values", i.e. taking your kids to church, and being against abortion, etc. then I will feel free to tell every bible thumping person to fuck off.