Pub Club 4/1

allison

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

allison said:

I think we should do something on a Thursday sometime so that Dr. Clyde can attend.

There has been a request from Distel32 to do something where the young kids can attend, I suggest Carkeek Park would be nice when it gets a little warmer, but before skool lets out. The police presence is allegedly less than at GG.

We had one at Golden Gardens last year, I thought it was awsome, however, people complained becouse the cops shut it down at 11. Maybe we could have picnic dinner for the kids and a place picked out for the late night crowd. We had an awsome turnout and I would like to do more of the beach/park thing this summer.

Another all ages thing would be a pub club at Exit 38 or Little Si.

icegirl said:

'cause most pizza places won't take kindly to the drunken debauchery that ensues after one too many pitchers... Think of thursdays as a kinder gentler pub club... (a moderated one?)

perhaps all can be on their best behavior..................................................

ahhh, most likely not gonna happen as CC stated he might attend again........................................... bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbrew: bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbrew: bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifrockband.gif

About a month ago we talked here about having a Spring get-together in a Seattle park. Golden Gardens was nice last year, and it would work again. Alternatively, we might want to get a picnic shelter at Woodland Park, or Magnuson Park or someplace - the ones at Golden Gardens are too close to the street and traffic and too public. With a picnic shelter, there'd be rain coverage if it was drippy outside and so there'd be a more readily identifiable meeting place so those who aren't pubclub regulars would not fear they might not find us (once in a while we get this question here on the board -- how will I recognize you guys at pub club -- so I am sure it is a concern for some).

Regarding hours: I don't know what the closure hours are for the picnic shelters, but we could find out. The various parks probably all have consistent closure policies, but enforcement and on-the-ground reality may vary. I know that Golden Gardens is always heavily patrolled in May and June because of all the high school partying. When I've gone there in September, we've been able to stay there as late as we wanted.

The UW Climbing Rock would be cool, but I wonder if we might have a problem with the rent-a-cops. Officially, the rock is not a fully public facility and the grounds there are not really intended to be used as a park.

Actually, officially there is a couple of signs that say "this climbing facility is only for UW students and faculty/staff" and anyone else is "subject to prosecution for criminal trespass" or some such.

Can't believe they left the safety inspectors off the signs yellaf.gif

The UW climbing club had a bbq/slackline party down there last fall, we're probably going to do it again this spring, but somebody actually came over from the WAC to check whether we had permission when we were there. It all worked out tho'...

Well in the meantime... somebody a while back had mentioned something about bowling as an all ages pub club diversion.

I asked the manager over at Sunset Bowl about intrest. Before I knew it, she handed me coupons for twenty free games. I think if we ask, they'll work out something for a happy hour price on beer (happy hour is normally 3-7.)

Any interest?

fleblebleb said:

Actually, officially there is a couple of signs that say "this climbing facility is only for UW students and faculty/staff" and anyone else is "subject to prosecution for criminal trespass" or some such.

Can't believe they left the safety inspectors off the signs yellaf.gif

The UW climbing club had a bbq/slackline party down there last fall, we're probably going to do it again this spring, but somebody actually came over from the WAC to check whether we had permission when we were there. It all worked out tho'...

I don't think we'd attract too much unwanted attention from the cops as long as we keep the bevy's contained in nalgenes, packs, etc. and don't get too loud later in the evening. Worst comes to worst we can make up a fake UW club with a convincing name.