New proposed Oregon protester law

allthumbs

The proposed Oregon law makes any person participating in any protest about anything that impedes traffic liable for a mandantory Life sentence. They will serve a minimum of 25 years.

quote:

A person commits the crime of terrorism if the person knowingly plans, participates in or carries out any act that is intended, by at least one of its participants, to disrupt:

(a) The free and orderly assembly of the inhabitants of the State of Oregon;

((b) Commerce or the transportation systems of the State of Oregon; or

© The educational or governmental institutions of the State of Oregon or its inhabitants.

(4)(a) A person convicted of terrorism shall be punished by imprisonment for life.

(b) When a person is convicted of terrorism under this section, the court shall order that the person be confined for a minimum of 25 years without possibility of parole.

Read it and weap FDA

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you all heard about the guy in Albany, NY who got arrested for wearing a "peace" t-shirt in a mall that he bought in the same mall, right? He was a district attorney too! It made the news back there and the next day, hundreds of people were walking around with "peace" t-shirts. The mall has since dropped all charges, but he was deciding whether or not to sue. I might be able to dig up a link, but it will take me a few minutes.

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

It is true, but it'll never pass. The thing's so vaguely written you could probably go to jail for holding up the checkout line at the grocery store if you were wearing a pro-peace t-shirt. That "Tim Eyman is a jackass" bill up in Washington was a better piece of legislation than this turd.

PS - Trask is poo! wave.gif

Your anarchist days are numbered asshole.

"Here we go, congress one, progress zero

You think your leaders are thinking about reform

They’d sooner sit and watch our cities burn like Nero

Makes you wonder what the FUCK you’re voting for

For a change, vote - who the fuck are you kidding, me?

What we need is some good old fashioned anarchy

You bring the torch and I’ll bring the kerosene

We’ll strike a match and burn this fucker down!

BURN THIS FUCKER DOWN!

BURN THIS FUCKER DOWN!

BURN THIS FUCKER DOOOOOWWWWWN!

BURN THIS FUCKER DOWN!"

Real Americans' are tired of anarchists in this country. throw em' all in jail for life.

So, what if the NRA had a rally to support gun legislation? By this law, they could just as easily be branded as 'terrorists' and jailed for a minimum of 25 years without possibility of parole. In fact, the increased possibility of the presence of guns at that hypothetical rally could be used to justify more severe repression methods. The labelling of persons practicing civil disobedience as anarchists is just simply wrong. Civil anarchy is an oxymoron. There are already laws about blocking traffic, grafitti, and 'anarchism'. Why give the government extra leverage against its citizenry? I mean, really, why?

glen said:

Real Americans' are tired of anarchists in this country. throw em' all in jail for life.

So, what if the NRA had a rally to support gun legislation? By this law, they could just as easily be branded as 'terrorists' and jailed for a minimum of 25 years without possibility of parole. In fact, the increased possibility of the presence of guns at that hypothetical rally could be used to justify more severe repression methods. The labelling of persons practicing civil disobedience as anarchists is just simply wrong. Civil anarchy is an oxymoron. There are already laws about blocking traffic, grafitti, and 'anarchism'. Why give the government extra leverage against its citizenry? I mean, really, why?

I belong to the NRA, but I wouldn't go to a rally, and a protest on any of their issues as well as any other issue... its not that i'm happy being a sheep its more along the line of it does not do any good (except a few instances, mind you), and it is a compleat waist of my time... money talks and bullshit walks... if you really what something to change than you get the support of some finacial backers and you take it straight to the source... why bother talkin' to some asshole from a street corner...