Climbing and Relationships...

Greg_W

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, any girl who makes me choose between her and climbing is going to be disappointed. I packed up my car and drove across the country so I could climb, not be with anyone specific. I tend to spend all my free time outside climbing or hiking, so if she didn't enjoy being outside, we'd spend very little time together. I've got plenty of years left to find someone, but I'm only young and stupid once (now).

Ursa_Eagle said:

At this point, any girl who makes me choose between her and climbing is going to be disappointed. I packed up my car and drove across the country so I could climb, not be with anyone specific. I tend to spend all my free time outside climbing or hiking, so if she didn't enjoy being outside, we'd spend very little time together. I've got plenty of years left to find someone, but I'm only young and stupid once (now).

(most) Men stay young and stupid forever shocked.gif oh shit did I say that out loud blush.gifwink.gif

This is the way to judge a potential GF

fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

From worst to best on a 1 to 10 scale...

1.) five pounds of make-up, hair done to the nines, nails polished and likely fake, would never in a million years consider climbing as viable foreplay...

2.) four and half pounds of make-up, hair done to the nines, nails polished and likely fake, would never in a thousand years consider climbing as viable foreplay…

3.) four pounds of make-up, hair done to the nines, nails polished and likely real, would never in a hundred years consider climbing as viable foreplay…

4.) three pounds of make-up, hair done to the nines, nails manicured and likely real (no polish), would never in a lifetime consider climbing as viable foreplay…

5.) 2 1/2 pounds of make-up, hair combed and in place, nails manicured, thinks climbing is stupid, but willing to try…thinks climbers are cool, if stupid

6.) 1 pound of make-up, hair combed, nails trimmed, thinks climbing is cool, and willing to try once but doesn't like it…usually fit, gets turned on by climbers

7.) 1/2 pound of make-up, hair combed, nails trimmed, thinks climbing rox! Already climbs, very fit and into other stuff…

8.) No make up, prefers au natural (some windburn a plus), climbs 5.10 consistently, very fit…willing to go somewhere at the drop of a hat…climbing gets her worked up

9.) No make up, prefers au natural (some windburn a plus), climbs 5.12 consistently, very fit…willing to go somewhere at the drop of a hat…climbing is foreplay

10.) kicks my a$$ at climbing, 'nuff said.

evils3d.gif

I say go for someone who shares your enthusiasm for the outdoors. Do stuff together, and do stuff apart when the objectives are dissimilar, both will love, trust and tolerate the other's relationship with the outdoors.

Oh, and having said that, I must say thanks again to Stefan for his assistance in helping me find "the guy". rockband.gif

LOVE STINX! the_finger.gif

Being single is about the most stress free life I have ever known. All my money,time,energy,thoughts go into what I WANT and it is great...but that's my bag..maybe not yours. I AM EXTREMELY SELFISH!

What is more important to YOU? Family? Love? Climbing? It seems that it is extremely rare to have your cake and eat it too (unless you are very lucky, and it seems as if some of you are), so sacrifices will probably need to be made to get what you really want out of life. it's give and take, I know first hand...feelings maybe be hurt or desires supressed in the process... That is the part that sucks ! madgo_ron.gif

If someone comes along that you can hang with even if it is only for a little while, cool, enjoy the moment, if not, SO WHAT? Relationships are highly overrated unless you are of the clingy variety.

this is the best advice yet:

Good point. Stay single till your around 35.

Live your life and all the rest of that shit will follow...eventually...(I am hoping!) OF course I am only 26, I might have a different outlook on this 10 years from now..more desperate perhaps?

I can't believe someone would want to change the very person that they fell in love with..unless they changed, of course, and God knows people change ALL THE TIME...sounds not of love but a "sense of control" issue to me!

Anna said:

Being single is about the most stress free life I have ever known. All my money,time,energy,thoughts go into what I WANT and it is great...but that's my bag..maybe not yours. I AM EXTREMELY SELFISH!

What is more important to YOU? Family? Love? Climbing? It seems that it is extremely rare to have your cake and eat it too (unless you are very lucky, and it seems as if some of you are), so sacrifices will probably need to be made to get what you really want out of life. it's give and take, I know first hand...feelings maybe be hurt or desires supressed in the process... That is the part that sucks ! madgo_ron.gif

If someone comes along that you can hang with even if it is only for a little while, cool, enjoy the moment, if not, SO WHAT? Relationships are highly overrated unless you are of the clingy variety.

Live your life and all the rest of that shit will follow...eventually...(I am hoping!) OF course I am only 26, I might have a different outlook on this 10 years from now..more desperate perhaps?

I can't believe someone would want to change the very person that they fell in love with..unless they changed, of course, and God knows people change ALL THE TIME...sounds not of love but a "sense of control" issue to me!

Who's on the short list for your booty call, then?

lummox said:

Anna said:

Who's on the short list for your booty call, then?

since she is from eugine the question is: are your legs shaved? do you feel lucky, now do you punk? yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifwazzup.gifwave.gif

Let me open up my little black book...hmmm...the few I have all live over 100M away..SHIT, time for a road trip!

Why do all the dudes in Eugene have girlfriends???? Really, I am trying to figure this out...I never saw so many folks shacked up with others when I lived in MT like I do here. There were fine, single ones all over the place there!

since she is from eugine the question is: are your legs shaved? do you feel lucky, now do you punk

I am shaved in places you don't even want to know about, well maybe you do. O.K. I stepped into an odd little zone just then...

Finding someone with no social life, who is home surfing cc.com at 9 pm on a Friday night, is probably a good start. They wont have any friends so will have no other pastime than spending time with you. They may even be convertable into a sport climbing belay slave while you project that 11b for the 57th redpoint attempt. fruit.giftongue.gifrolleyes.gif

Well, you're just another cloven heffer then. You shouldn't have any problem hooking a low-life miserable mush-mellon down there in Anarchyville to kiss your fat ass and jump at your drunken beckon call.

Have to admit, very original, I am rolling yelrotflmao.gif