Pub Club 3/11

AlpineK

forrest_m said:

bobinc said:

You have to take Forrest's vote out since he lives really close to Grady's.

i don't see why that should count against me, i mean allison and the ballard contingent are always swaying the ballot in favor of frelard. cool.gif

Forrest, you hit it right on the head. The Ballard contingent is always pushing for Ballard, because such a high % of the PC regulars live here. evils3d.gifPlus were are permanently pissed off that it is so hard to get to the freeway from here. cry.gifmadgo_ron.gif

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forrest, you hit it right on the head. The Ballard contingent is always pushing for Ballard, because such a high % of the PC regulars live here. evils3d.gifPlus were are permanently pissed off that it is so hard to get to the freeway from here. cry.gifmadgo_ron.gif

cripes and why do you think no one from the eastside wants to go there. it's that all important freeway access. wink.gif

i'll be drinking a beer in t-town somewhere. hope you guys have fun at Gradys. Can't wait to see the review smile.gif

minx said:

cripes and why do you think no one from the eastside wants to go there. it's that all important freeway access. wink.gif

i'll be drinking a beer in t-town somewhere. hope you guys have fun at Gradys. Can't wait to see the review smile.gif

I was gonna head up to Seattle tonight, but something came up and I can't make it. I might be able to get out drinking in Tacoma tonight. How'z about the T-Towners getting organized?

(For those of you who are sensitive - I ain't starting a new Pub Club...I just wanna drink beer with some folks who can't make it to Seattle either.)

minx said:

yeah! it's at least 45min closer to bend! wink.gif

hey those seattle pub clubs you're always trying to have close to 520 are a joke for those of use on the eastside. Have you people ever driven across 520? i know you have! it's a nightmare!

t-town! the spar, the unicorn, magoos annex, any place else not on the water..

By 8:00 it can't be that bad. I'll bet some of the eastside boys will be happy to give you a ride! grin.gifgrin.gif Oh, I think Dryad lives in Redmond.

Dave_Schuldt said:

minx said:

yeah! it's at least 45min closer to bend! wink.gif

hey those seattle pub clubs you're always trying to have close to 520 are a joke for those of use on the eastside. Have you people ever driven across 520? i know you have! it's a nightmare!

t-town! the spar, the unicorn, magoos annex, any place else not on the water..

By 8:00 it can't be that bad. I'll bet some of the eastside boys will be happy to give you a ride! grin.gifgrin.gif Oh, I think Dryad lives in Redmond.

Dave it's not the ride part that's a problem. It's the hanging out at work til traffic clears part that sucks. Once i'm home, i'm staying put!

Now t-town drinkers...the spar is always good for a few beers.

Not an official pub club since i'm only vacationing in the lovely kentacoma this evening but beer none the less.

I drove by Grady's today on my way out to the East-snide. There's plenty of parking. Interestingly, they have a zone permit thing going on there but it's only in effect from 7AM to 6PM, thus making things a-ok for us.

For people coming from Eastside over 520, definitely take the Lake Washington Blvd exit then go right at the T-junction and continue around to Montlake Blvd. Take a left at that light. Go 6-1/2 blocks. Grady's will be on your right, mid-block, just before the Montlake Cycle Shop.

Other note: Grady's is a sports bar and there is a Sonics game on TV tonight. A larger than normal non-climber crowd should be expected.

mattp said:

minx-

All you gotta do is to go to the sports bar accross the parking lot from your office and you can get a head start on pubclub while you wait. Drink non-alcoholic near-beer, of course.

how is that non-alky stuff a head start? blech! well that's like trask's love life... artificial and not worth the time.

not a bad thought though!

It was weird, but there were those "no parking" signs (the red variety) above the two-hour green signs, but each and every one of them had a 8-1/2 x 11 sticker put over it saying "no parking" on dates that have long since come and gone (dates from late 2002; probably on Husky game dates). So who knows what's going on. Probably just Seattle workers being lazy as usual in not removing the defunct stickers.

Those dates are for Husky Football games. The zoning in that area is so UW students (and the hoardes that go down to the UW Rock) don't muck it all up during the day.

It's not like in Wallingford where they are more worried about the bar/restaurant patrons.