Pub Club 3/11

AlpineK

I was going to suggest Grady's as a Pub Club location, however I hear the Montlake Bridge is going to be closed on Tuesday eve.

Last week we went to the D&H. Maybe this week we could go to the Owl and Thistle or somewhere north of the ship canal.

Ideas............. bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

PS Dave S is a slacker for not starting this. wazzup.gif

Edited by AlpineK

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AlpineK said:

I was going to suggest Grady's as a Pub Club location, however I hear the Montlake Bridge is going to be closed on Tuesday eve.

Shit, there's the University Bridge and the sneaky squirrel path (LEFT at Red Robbin) to get you to the same place with not more than two minutes delay... I say Grady's bigdrink.gif

Per AlpineK, the Montlake bridge may be closed.

If so and you're coming across SR-520, take the next exit (Roanoke I think), at the light hang a right and head down the windy road (Interlaken), at the stop sign at the bottom, you can either go straight or right. Grady's will be in between where these two intersect 25th Ave (or 24th or whaever the name of this arterial.)

Dave_Schuldt said:

That adress is not Capitol Hill. The 520 exit is south of the bridge so eastsiders shouldn't have a problem. Gradys is down by the Montlake bike shop.

Oops, my bad... Dave's right. If coming from 520, take the first exit, right at the stop sign, left at the light. Grady's will be on your right around the bend.

Toast said:

Per AlpineK, the Montlake bridge may be closed.

Montlake bridge will be open for the drive there, but depending on how late you stay out, might be closed for the drive home.

DOT news release:

The Montlake Bridge (State Route 513) will be closed to traffic for three extended periods overnight on Monday night and Tuesday night March 10 and 11, 2003. During the closures, WSDOT Bridge Preservation crews will perform work on the bridge's mechanical draw span system.

Montlake Bridge (the draw bridge) is north of 520. Grady's is south of 520. To get to Grady's from westbound 520, get off at Lake Washington Blvd exit (this is the ramp that goes up and over 520 and heads south for a few hundred yards before stopping at a T-junction. Go right at the T-junction then immediately left on Royal (I think it's called Royal Ave.). Go two blocks. Royal will turn right onto Lynn St. Grady's is at the corner of Lynn and 24th. If you can't go left on Royal (may not be allowed), simply continue around to the right from the T-junction until you eventually arrive at a stoplight. This is Montlake Blvd. Take a left and this boulevard will eventually turn into 24th Avenue. Grady's is about seven blocks down. All this is pretty visible on the mapquest map (see link four posts back).

ehmmic said:

So if we go to Grady's can one of you locals give directions to avoid the potential cluster**uk?

For Ballard folks,

Go over the U bridge and take a left at Red Robin/Romio's follow the road under 520 to a 5 way stop. Take a left, but not a super hard left, at the intersection. Follow the street to the intersection with 24th E.

wait a minute here.....this sounds very fishy!

Is the venue for pub club acutally being 'called' on a Monday?

I'm absolutely sick of people railroading things before everyone has a vote. Just last week AlpineK and a slew of other people insisted that it not be called before noon on Tuesday. So based on that info the vast majority of people are most certainly ignoring the spray and bitch fest over pub club until tomorrow. But SURPRISE, it's already been called by Alpine "G-Dubya" K, sneaking in there in his imperialistic, unilateral style that he's so well known for. And the rest of you A-GW-K allies....I'm ashamed of you. Unless we nip this practice in the bud we'll be having pub clubs scheduled a month in advance and that's totally unacceptable, at least that's what I've been told....

I tell ya, you can't turn your back around here for even a second......now go spray like good kiddies and wait until tomorrow.

edit: in case you can't tell, I'm really smiling as I spray here....

Edited by Thinker

Does anyone know just how bad the parking situation really is? If I'm remembering the area correctly, there's residential all around...does it have zoned parking because of the proximity to the UW?

This question is, of course, based on the ludicrous assumption that pub club has been correctly called on a Monday. shocked.gif

I am pretty much planning on being at this weeks pub club. I can make it to just about anywhere as long as someone gives me a ride to the ferry. Of course the downtown locations work for me best so I'll vote for O&T. What about the Pyramid Ale place on 1st and Royal Brougham? Someone should scope that place. It's close enough for hikerwa to show up too.

Shall we make this the official ST. PATTY'S PUB CLUB??? It's the last one before the official day as the next one is the day after.