Apology from Canada...

glen

How big the kernel of truth in this one? It was passed on to me from a friend. Original source is a Canadian commentator.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

On behalf of Canadians everywhere I'd like to offer an apology to the

United States of America. We haven't been getting along very well

recently and for that, I am truly sorry.

I'm sorry we called George Bush a moron. He is a moron, but it wasn't

nice of us to point it out. If it's any consolation, the fact that he's

a moron shouldn't reflect poorly on the people of America. After all

it's not like you actually elected him.

I'm sorry about our softwood lumber. Just because we have more trees

than you doesn't give us the right to sell you lumber that's cheaper and

better than your own.

I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey. In our defense I guess our

excuse would be that our team was much, much, much, much better than yours.

I'm sorry we burnt down your white house during the war of 1812. I

notice you've rebuilt it! It's very nice.

I'm sorry about your beer. I know we had nothing to do with your beer

but, we feel your pain.

I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq. I mean, when you're going up

against a crazed dictator, you wanna have your friends by your side. I

realize it took more than two years before you guys pitched in against

Hitler, but that was different. Everyone knew he had weapons.

And finally on behalf of all Canadians, I'm sorry that we're constantly

apologizing for things in a passive-aggressive way which is really a

thinly veiled criticism. I sincerely hope that you're not upset over this.

We've seen what you do to countries you get upset with.

Thank you.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was Canadian troops what did it... but we were still part of the Empire then. so your question does have some merit but I blame it on your American education system (what is it, 77th best in the world, behind powerhouses like Phillipines, Poland, Mongolia...)

Dru said:

It was Canadian troops what did it... but we were still part of the Empire then. so your question does have some merit but I blame it on your American education system (what is it, 77th best in the world, behind powerhouses like Phillipines, Poland, Mongolia...)

ahhh, you canucks are just pissed you're still territory status and congress won't approve you as our 51st state!!! yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifboxing_smiley.gifyelrotflmao.gifwazzup.gif

Dru said:

that must be why they cut 5 weeks off the oregon school year, get em out of highschool and into the army 5 weeks faster!

Most likely. And since they're subsequently too damn stupid to get into college anyway, what better place to send them? 'Cause sooner or later, some other world power will realize we're a nation of morons and they'll try to take us over, so we'll need a strong military of uniformly unintelligent and expendable young persons to fight off the invading horde.

BE ALL THAT YOU CAN BE! boxing_smiley.gif

How long would I have to wait for ACL surgery in Canada? Answer: about 2 years. How about some other "elective" procedures like cataracts removal? Great socialized medical system y'all got up there. Cheap drugs, for sure...but who's really paying the bill? I hear some good Canadian Doc's are moving to the USA so they can be properly compensated for their hard work under a (almost) free market system.

Tell me about Canada's Endangered Species Act; Wilderness Act; Canadians with Disabilities Act. What? No such things?

By the way, nice chunk of tundra you ceded to you indiginous population. Hope they enjoy it! "Seperate-but-equal"?

You hosers like to lecture Americans, but from what I've seen, your environment is getting a good trashing. Too bad the average Canadian has almost NO voice in govt. policies. A lot of Frenchies up there....might explain the arrogance.

By the way...thanks for the raw sewage, Victoria. A real gem of a city! Nice gardens, I hear.

Cheers!

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Dru said:

that must be why they cut 5 weeks off the oregon school year, get em out of highschool and into the army 5 weeks faster!

Most likely. And since they're subsequently too damn stupid to get into college anyway, what better place to send them? 'Cause sooner or later, some other world power will realize we're a nation of morons and they'll try to take us over, so we'll need a strong military of uniformly unintelligent and expendable young persons to fight off the invading horde.

BE ALL THAT YOU CAN BE! boxing_smiley.gif

Very revealing, Dr Unamazing. I'm sure those Americans in uniform would love to hear your thoughts regarding their intellectual capabilities....versus (how you perceive) your own. What a loser you are.

minx said:

eric8 said:

glen said:

I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey. In our defense I guess our excuse would be that our team was much, much, much, much better than yours.

Oh you thought we cared? wazzup.gif

what's hockey?

Actually us Americans owe Canadians an apology for providing a place where their teams can make money. wazzup.gif I guess the real apology should then before for not having a socialized government, so our citzens make enough money to go to hockey games.

oh and buy the way the only hockey team i pay attention to is the flyers rockband.gif

you mean like the 25% raise they just got j_b? or the fact i can just walk in off the street and see a clinic doc in 5 minutes with no appointment, and ITS COVERED BY MY BC MED- I PAY $0 out of pocket, maybe he's concerned they are overworked? yellaf.gif

vs. my American relatives: uncle was a pilot for United, they have a Porsche, pretty rich - how much to get STITCHES TAKEN OUT??? Over $1,000 so there's my aunt with her sewing kit out pulling stitches on the kitchen table!! No shit eh!! The American Medical system has the highest inefficiency rate in the world: most spending per capita, for least results. Triumph of private enterprise eh Fairweather. Only people making money, are the drug pushers, for-profit hospitals etc. Hey if I go in hospital, I dont want some bean counter figuring out if its cost effective to treat me or off me and make it look like a surgical mistake...

anyhow, the ~18% without heath insurance here do a lot more than pull stiches on their own

http://www.census.gov/mso/www/pres_lib/99prof/sld014.htm

I like it how there is no question that doctors should be able to get rich whereas teachers, for example, should do it for the love of helping others (well known fact being a doctor is all about money). I mean fixing Michael Jackson's nose one more time is definitely worth a lot more money than educating children.

Yes, while it's a far cry to say canada's healthcare system is anywhere near perfect, it's true that the US system is a fucking joke. The fact that we live in a country that is responsible for a large % of medical breaktroughs, drug research, etc. and a person who doesn't make a lot isn't even guaranteed treament is just plain wrong. Doctors should most definitely be compensated well for their work. They work hard to get where they are, and work hard on the job. That doesn't mean, however, that the less fortunate should go without their help.

JoshK said:

Yes, while it's a far cry to say canada's healthcare system is anywhere near perfect, it's true that the US system is a fucking joke. The fact that we live in a country that is responsible for a large % of medical breaktroughs, drug research, etc. and a person who doesn't make a lot isn't even guaranteed treament is just plain wrong. Doctors should most definitely be compensated well for their work. They work hard to get where they are, and work hard on the job. That doesn't mean, however, that the less fortunate should go without their help.

Agreed. We all end up paying for the uninsured...at emergency room rates! But Canada's system is far from "free". Taxpayers are bled severely. Even ultra-liberal Oregon shot down a Canada-style health system last November. 70% no vote?

So what about all Canada's other problems? Not exactly the pristine paradise they would have us Yanks believe eh?