Tyson knocks out PDX fighter's debut

freeclimb9

Ex prison punk Mike Tyson --due to his waffling ("I'll fight. I won't fight. Okay, I'll fight. . . ")-- has denied PDX bruiser Tanya Harding the opportunity for her professional debut Saturday on the Tyson-Etienne undercard. Given her illustrative career contortions, some might find it refreshing that Tanya was denied the chance to fuck-up her image all on her own. Patience, my precious; She'll find a way yet.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To_The_Top said:

I thought that Tanya's parole officer wouldn't let her leave the state. I'm sure she will be in another boxing match soon, sans hubcaps. boxing_smiley.gif

Naw. You're thinking of Amy "The Long Island Lolita" Fisher. She couldn't leave New Jersey, or something, for the fight with Tanya last March, so Paula Jones went into the ring instead. That fight series also featured Todd "Whatch you talkin' bout Willis" Bridges beating the shit outta Vanilla "fights like a gurl" Ice. That's entertainment.

fern said:

tonya.jpg

bigdrink.gif

"The two women spent four rounds flailing at each other in a comical display before Browning was given a split decision over the banned former Olympic skater."

So, a housewife kicks the ass of Tanya. But, of course, hubcaps and night-sticks weren't allowed in the ring, or there would've been some hurt happening. fruit.gif

At what point in time did boxing become a glorified version of bigtime wrasleing? I still remember the good old days of sitting around my grandpas living room with my uncles and male cousins watching Ali defend his title in 1980. I hate what has happend to boxing in the last 10 years or so.. bigdrink.gifprofile.jpg .

Anyone want to fight Tyson? All you have to do is take a dive in the first minute of the first round.

t-Mohamed-Ali.jpg I bet Ali would still take him.

Greg_W said:

Uh, Ali couldn't find the stadium let alone the ring, Bronco.

Dear Greg: Ali is a wonderful human being, something some of us aspire for.

You, on the other hand, seem to be nothing more than a demagogic bore, bent on shooting rather poorly from the hip, regardless of consequence.

I would advise learning just a little of Ali's commitment to his principles (and a little about capitalism while you're at it!), among his many other admirable qualities; perhaps then you'd be a little slower in taking pot-shots at someone you don't even know.