Alps 4000m speed climb attempt

seano-

Hello, CC.com crew!

Those of you who know of me are probably familiar with my various long dayhikes in the Cascades.  For those who do not, I started climbing remote peaks car-to-car in the Sierra, and decided to take the same approach elsewhere, including the North Cascades.  Things got a bit out of hand, and one night in 2017 I found myself stumbling along the shores of Ross Lake by headlamp, trying not to take a nap in the trail or trip and face-plant into a giant toad, after traversing the Northern Pickets from East Fury to Challenger in a single push.

Since then, I have also been day-hiking peaks outside the United States, including some in the Alps in 2018.  At the time I thought that it would be my one and only trip to the range, but now I hope to make another.  I want to climb the Alps prominent 4000-meter peaks as quickly as possible, then write a book about it.  Climbing in the Alps is not cheap, though, so I need to know that there is enough interest before I do it.  If you want to see it happen, please consider buying an eBook for at least $1, or a signed print for $40.  Those seem like fair prices, and if there is not enough interest, or if the coronavirus turns the world into a Mad Max hellscape, you'll get your money back (though money wouldn't matter much in the latter situation...).

Anyways, skip your morning latte, tell your friends -- let's make this happen!

Blog post: http://drdirtbag.com/2020/03/05/human-powered-alpine-4000m-peaks-fkt/

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/drdirtbag/adieu-aux-alpes/

Edited by seano-