• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
seano-

Alps 4000m speed climb attempt

Posted (edited)

Hello, CC.com crew!

Those of you who know of me are probably familiar with my various long dayhikes in the Cascades.  For those who do not, I started climbing remote peaks car-to-car in the Sierra, and decided to take the same approach elsewhere, including the North Cascades.  Things got a bit out of hand, and one night in 2017 I found myself stumbling along the shores of Ross Lake by headlamp, trying not to take a nap in the trail or trip and face-plant into a giant toad, after traversing the Northern Pickets from East Fury to Challenger in a single push.

Since then, I have also been day-hiking peaks outside the United States, including some in the Alps in 2018.  At the time I thought that it would be my one and only trip to the range, but now I hope to make another.  I want to climb the Alps prominent 4000-meter peaks as quickly as possible, then write a book about it.  Climbing in the Alps is not cheap, though, so I need to know that there is enough interest before I do it.  If you want to see it happen, please consider buying an eBook for at least $1, or a signed print for $40.  Those seem like fair prices, and if there is not enough interest, or if the coronavirus turns the world into a Mad Max hellscape, you'll get your money back (though money wouldn't matter much in the latter situation...).

Anyways, skip your morning latte, tell your friends -- let's make this happen!

Blog post: http://drdirtbag.com/2020/03/05/human-powered-alpine-4000m-peaks-fkt/

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/drdirtbag/adieu-aux-alpes/

Edited by seano-

Scott Darsney funded his K2 trip with a bank loan to 'buy furniture' or something. 

• LMAO 1

Posted (edited)

Ueli Steck was such an impressive fellow.  Humble and so accomplished.

Edited by Bigtree
Fixed a typo.

Yeah, I really wish I had met Ueli.  I thought he would be one of the ones who made it to retirement.

On 3/18/2020 at 11:38 AM, seano- said:

Yeah, I really wish I had met Ueli.  I thought he would be one of the ones who made it to retirement.

I think maybe you missed Bigtree's sarcasm. Or maybe I'm projecting my reaction onto this conversation.

Back in the day, this is the type of post that would reach classic status.

show-me-mitsuet-you-got-show-me-what-you-got-51663386.png