Anybody going to Index this weekend

Sloth_Man

Hey all,

Anybody going to Index this weekend?

I'm going to be up there doing something. I left some biners and a stopper on "The Black Slime" aka Numbah Ten last weekend so don't bootify them if you get there before me. I was driven back by gobs of soaking black slime and the dreaded drip. Besides you guys don't know where that gear has been.

My partner for this weekend is less than a gumby so we'll probably stick with first pitches of the lower wall.

Maybe I'll nail all the 'free' cracks, since I'm too fat, old, and bitter to climb harder than 5.6. That oughta rile up the natives.

BTW what happened to the Tavern in town. I always liked that place; it was stoney.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

Anybody going to Index this weekend?

I'm going to be up there doing something. I left some biners and a stopper on "The Black Slime" aka Numbah Ten last weekend so don't bootify them if you get there before me. I was driven back by gobs of soaking black slime and the dreaded drip. Besides you guys don't know where that gear has been.

My partner for this weekend is less than a gumby so we'll probably stick with first pitches of the lower wall.

Maybe I'll nail all the 'free' cracks, since I'm too fat, old, and bitter to climb harder than 5.6. That oughta rile up the natives.

BTW what happened to the Tavern in town. I always liked that place; it was stoney.

yup

the tavern got closed due to health code violations....i ask trask......he seems to know alot about health code violations

i can already invision your booty!!

you dont want to know where my gear has been! so your will fit nicely with the others....

Layton -

Was at the Lower Town Wall yesterday and the North Face of Index appeared to the barest I've ever seen it. I couldn't see any ice and the face looked pretty much like powder over rocks with a lot of trees sticking out. I couldn't even see any avy debris at the base of the NF.

On the other hand, Index granite was killer yesterday! Warmed up on GNS, taught Fred Rogers how to aid and did laps on Iron Horse to get in shape. The rock was seeping in all the usual places but dries up by afternoon. Everything should be nice and dry by this weekend. bigdrink.gif

There is a nice locker in the chains on the fourth belay of Green Drag-on. I fucked up my solo system and had to rap off it. Go get it booty hounds, the route is in great shape, drier than last summer!

THERE ARE OTHER ROUTES OUT THERE BONE!!! YOU SHOULD TRY THEM!!

On the other hand, Index granite was killer yesterday! Warmed up on GNS, taught Fred Rogers how to aid and did laps on Iron Horse to get in shape. The rock was seeping in all the usual places but dries up by afternoon. Everything should be nice and dry by this weekend. bigdrink.gif

And it was killer all weekend too! One of the best I've had in awhile. bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Had to wait 10 minutes before I could squeal out a left turn on to Hwy 2 from Forest Road 62 because of all the traffic from Stevens Pass. The traffic actually stopped for like five minutes in Sultan madgo_ron.gif!! Driving on Hwy 2 every weekend, that would a reason NOT to get a seasons pass at Stevens.

Isn't that highway 2 problem pretty much limited to the hours of five to seven on Sunday's, as well as ski-season Saturday's? Go home earlier, or if you are caught in it you might consider heading to the Bush House or the Index Cafe and having dinner -- it'll probably be over by the time you are done.

Isn't that highway 2 problem pretty much limited to the hours of five to seven on Sunday's, as well as ski-season Saturday's? Go home earlier, or if you are caught in it you might consider heading to the Bush House or the Index Cafe and having dinner -- it'll probably be over by the time you are done.

MATTP

THE BUSH HOUSE IS CLOSED. THEIR KITCHEN COLLAPSED!