Plans for the long weekend......

kevbone

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hoping to climb pipedream or some-other similiar silly line at beacon on monday

Are you going to try to free pipedream?

are you confusing me w/ some sort of free-climbing hardman?!? :) i'll free what i can and aid/french the rest. have you done it?

pipedream has a nice position, watch out for loose rock and bird shit. did that once in december in a down pour to test out my new paddling jacket.icon_bounce.gif

ivan, have you done "riverside" yet?

almost did it last week after doing bluebird w/ denalidave - he had to home pretty soon though and i'm still unclear as to how to get back down or walkoff after doing riverside, so we did a simul-solo of the corner, after which i got arrested by The Man - turns out that doing riverside probably woulda worked out better for me! anyhow, what is the best way for finishing off that climb? i can't see an anchor to lower off of, and the upper part looks stupid overgrown and i've about had it w/ fucking around in the upper amphitheatre after nearly killing kev and a couple other folks last fall...

well, i don't remember ivan. i just meandered up and don't remember knocking anything down either. i did it with aren't once and he has repeated it since so he might have better beta than i. i do remember the anchor being marginal but not horrible. bring jims old impact driver with you and fire in a bolt to back up the pro at the anchor. proly don't need anymore rap stations at beacon. it is a great climb with great position. doo it. :pagetop:

I was doing a solo backpacking trip, but the rain yesterday caused me to eventually decide that I'd rather hike back to the car then spend a night in rain. Judging by the clouds now it would be wet and there wouldn't be much in the way of views to see.

Now I'm going to do stuff at home including looking at this site. I need to buy more coffee.

Funny how plans change. Still recovering from DNC coverage here. Saturday, chores, trail ran with climbing slippers in hand, run for a mile, climb something, run again, climb something. Good day. Sat night: partying. Sunday felt lethargic and scraped my backpacking plans. Thirty mile bike ride instead. Sunday night: drinks with the guys. Monday: Got up early and saw too much cloud cover to make me feel comfy doing a technical ridge route - especially after nearly getting zapped by lightning last weekend. So coffee and mtn bike ride. BBQ later this evening.

Saturday, recovered from a tough week.

Sunday, ran up and down King's Mountain, then went to the Circuit with my son in the afternoon. Did any PDXers encounter the apocalyptic rainstorms? I haven't seen rain that hard in a while.

Today, maybe Larch mtn or Forest Park with the kids.

here are some King's mtn pics:

the longest view I got from the summit ridge.

misty_view.jpg

me, on the summit, a little waterlogged.

me.jpg