Round Shoelaces Suck!

You know what I'm talking baout. The kind that comes on almost every mountaineering boot and outdoor shoe sold.

They suck. Why?

A) They create pressure points on the foot.

B) They create space between the lace holes and your foot.

C)The sheathe slips off the core. This is very annoying. And because of thise they don't last any longer than flat laces.

D)They come untied easier.

Take your favorite pair of mainaineering boots or outdoor tennies and put a pair of flat laces on them. You will feel the difference immediatly. You can get a tighter feeling fit but it will be more comforatble. They will fit and feel better!

I just replaced some laces and couldn't believe the torture I've been putting myself through. Round laces are crap and a totaly market ploy because they cost 4x as much.

Just ranting. Discuss.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round shoeleaces fit through round grommets and eyelets better. boxing_smiley.gif

Actually, not on my footwear. The round ones get stuck when pulling them out. The sheath bunches up when putting them through or pulling them out.

I re-laced all my shoes with flat laces last night and it was a total breeze.

yellaf.gif I cant believe this has come up! its funny to me because this is one of my pet peeves - I hate round laces! I've ranted about it over the years and my friends, who have heard Doxey Rant #17 - the Round Laces Rant - just roll their eyes, like this -> rolleyes.gif

Lacing the mythos is a pain but not too bad. just get 2 paper clips and fashion one as a little hook and the other straigt to push.

also you might want to spend a few minutes to understand how they are actually laced up before you take them apart.