Dirtbag resources - The List

Blake

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bakeries? Showers? Ikea?

It appears that the climbers around here have no idea what dirtbagging is. It is about stretching your dollar to last as long as possible. If you are enjoying a table in a diner, then you have failed at dirtbagging my friend.

Cooking for yourself, washing in creeks, and trading rather than paying are all signs or the extended dirtbagger.

Oh, and if you are a "weekend dirtbagger".... you aren't a dirtbag, you are just a cheap bastard.

Real Dirtbags sell Real Change?

• 4 months later...

bump!

So I'm headed to 11worth tonight for some climbering this w/e. I didn't see any beta about free/cheap/secret climber's bivy in this thread (nor any of the others that I searched). It's been so long since I camped in the Icicle, is there now a place that's better than others? If I camp in a pay site, am I just asking to get ripped off while I'm out climbing?

thanks

PS: I always take my cooler with me, so at least the blighters can't pinch my beer...

Does Larry the Tool hassle you for camping in those pullouts on IC Road?

I'm not in the mood to have my mellow harshed this weekend.

Yes. Got 'busted' once doing this. A ranger told me to camp in the woods so I would not get caught biving on the road. He then flashed me the peace sign.

I think it is not allowed, but the ranger suggested that if one doesn't get caught that its all good.

There are a couple of bivi sites that are free: under the bridge that crosses the Icicle River (don't laugh, its pretty nice) and a mile or so up 8 mile road (the way to Colchuck Lake TH) there is a large pull out on the left that folks camp at.

• 2 years later...

Wow- Im surprised nobody has mentioned the community pantry (food bank) in 11worth... Lots of good FREE food. Combine that with a EBT food card from the state (most people get $200 a month) and your good to go! I know a few of us know where the supreme free shower spot is, and if you do please keep it to yourself. Don't want to lose that hot rinse!

Whoa and I just noticed this is thread is from 3 years ago... whatever.