Erden's story on King 5

Rodchester

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is kind of you to cheer us on...

Please keep an eye on Around-n-Over web site. We will be updating that into the future.

I leave for Denali on Feb 1 to meet the team at Wonder Lake on May 1. I will provide dispatches from the road on our web site. Be on the look out for a story on the same trip in the April issue of the Outside Magazine. Outsideonline.com will also mirror these dispatches in their own format. The Learn & Share bulletin board on rei.com will provide related content and dispatches as well.

Enjoy,

Erden.

I'm bettin' rowing across the pacific and atlantic oceans are more of the cruxes than the climbs afterwards.

Yeah no lie. That's gonna be one committing undertaking (or two actually). Does anybody know how much long-distance rowing experience Erden has?

I doubt riding your bike to Alaska is as committing as being in some tiny boat 1000 miles from anything. If he gets tired or a bad storm comes up on the road to AK he can probably hunker down or quit before he's dead. Don't know if that's true on a one-man boat out in that big ol' ocean. It seems like experience would help a lot here, that's why I ask.

Well anyway, enough of this negative talk. Good luck to ya Erden bigdrink.gif.

The way I view it is that if he is fit enough to make it all the way to alaska he'll be fine for that.

Hey chuck , you need a reading comprehension class. Hooked on phonics is available I hear. It's obvious you didnt read all my comments about crossing the oceans being the crux of the voyages.

Sorry you're right I didn't read that. I've filtered out your posts and thus can't read them. moon.gif

So are you saying he won't make it across the ocean? You're so negative man. mad.gif