republifuck assault on labor.

glassgowkiss

Here you go ... Republicans type of Law and Order.... "Last week, the House of Representatives passed the Save American Workers Act of 2015, H.R. 30 which would change the current definition of full-time work under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), raising it to 40 hours per week from the current definition of 30 hours. The American Nurses Association (ANA) sent a letter to the House of Representatives opposing this bill because the legislation would negatively impact those in jobs where full-time work involves less than 40 hours per week. This would include the 1.69 million RNs and APRNs who are employed by general medical and surgical hospitals, other specialty hospitals, and psychiatric and substance abuse hospitals. Typically, RNs who work in a hospital setting work a three day, 12 hour shift, with a workweek of 36 hours. If enacted, employers subject to the employer mandate would no longer be required to offer health insurance benefits to those working the regularly scheduled 36 hour workweek." BTW it will not only affect RNs and APRNs but everyone (99%) in most hospitals that works less then 40hr.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typically, RNs who work in a hospital setting work a three day, 12 hour shift, with a workweek of 36 hours. If enacted, employers subject to the employer mandate would no longer be required to offer health insurance benefits to those working the regularly scheduled 36 hour workweek." BTW it will not only affect RNs and APRNs but everyone (99%) in most hospitals that works less then 40hr.

Uh, maybe they will because the marketplace needs these skills and will demand it? Isn't this why businesses offer benefits in the first place? Can you give an example of an RN working 36--32--even 24 hours weekly who isn't offered medical benefits? My wife is in the medical field, and anyone working over 24hrs/week gets benefits.

in my world the ACA is used by the boss-man as the reason to NOT use a particuliar substitute more than a 3 times a week - the Man is geniunely horrified at the prospect of having to help a brother survive - i'd be okay w/ that were it not for the incredulous face they make when they wonder aloud "why do we always have sub shortages?"

Typically, RNs who work in a hospital setting work a three day, 12 hour shift, with a workweek of 36 hours. If enacted, employers subject to the employer mandate would no longer be required to offer health insurance benefits to those working the regularly scheduled 36 hour workweek." BTW it will not only affect RNs and APRNs but everyone (99%) in most hospitals that works less then 40hr.

Uh, maybe they will because the marketplace needs these skills and will demand it? Isn't this why businesses offer benefits in the first place? Can you give an example of an RN working 36--32--even 24 hours weekly who isn't offered medical benefits? My wife is in the medical field, and anyone working over 24hrs/week gets benefits.

You are one stupid tosser, proving once again you know absolutely about the subject matter you are discussing. So let me enlighten your backward thinking sorry ass. After Reagan signed into law, anyone working 30 hours or more is considerate full time employee. Nurses work on mostly 12 hour shift schedule, so most of them work 3x12 hours=36 hours. Under current law, they have to receive benefit as FT employees. People who work now under 30 hours can receive benefits, but the contribution will be reduced. So what it will mean for me and my wife is simple fact, that republifuck assholes will force us to pay more then a double rate for the health insurance. So it's not about receiving benefits, but at what rate.

May your waits be long, and injections painful.

My wife is in the medical field

To what capacity is she working in a "medical field"? A lot of unlicensed, essentially clerical jobs claim to work in "medical field" (receptionist, billers). Unless you have to carry a license and work directly (CNa's, RN's BSN's, RT's, Pa's, MD''s to name a few) or indirect care (lab techs, Radiology tech and such)- which all are part of state licensing structure, anything else is just a friggin job. A friend of my works as IT for the hospital, but his job requires zero patient direct or indirect care. Administrative positions will not be effected, as they work on 40 hr/week schedule. Who will also get effected is Paramedics and Firefighters.

You are one stupid tosser, proving once again you know absolutely about the subject matter you are discussing. So let me enlighten your backward thinking sorry ass. After Reagan signed into law, anyone working 30 hours or more is considerate full time employee. Nurses work on mostly 12 hour shift schedule, so most of them work 3x12 hours=36 hours. Under current law, they have to receive benefit as FT employees. People who work now under 30 hours can receive benefits, but the contribution will be reduced. So what it will mean for me and my wife is simple fact, that republifuck assholes will force us to pay more then a double rate for the health insurance. So it's not about receiving benefits, but at what rate.

Why do nurses deserve special treatment over anyone else working a swing shift?

My wife is in the medical field

To what capacity is she working in a "medical field"? A lot of unlicensed, essentially clerical jobs claim to work in "medical field" (receptionist, billers). Unless you have to carry a license and work directly (CNa's, RN's BSN's, RT's, Pa's, MD''s to name a few) or indirect care (lab techs, Radiology tech and such)- which all are part of state licensing structure, anything else is just a friggin job. A friend of my works as IT for the hospital, but his job requires zero patient direct or indirect care. Administrative positions will not be effected, as they work on 40 hr/week schedule. Who will also get effected is Paramedics and Firefighters.

Everything is just a "friggin job" depending on who you ask.

tilting_at_windmills.jpg

[

if you read more than you spray, you wouldn't ask such a question. No where does it say in the letter from the ANA to exclude nurses only from this new ruling. they call for the current 30hr/wk to be called full-time for all americans. including swing shifters.

https://filemanager.capwiz.com/filemanager/file-mgr/nasn/1_ANA_Comments_on_H_R_30_FINAL.pdf

[

if you read more than you spray, you wouldn't ask such a question. No where does it say in the letter from the ANA to exclude nurses only from this new ruling. they call for the current 30hr/wk to be called full-time for all americans. including swing shifters.

https://filemanager.capwiz.com/filemanager/file-mgr/nasn/1_ANA_Comments_on_H_R_30_FINAL.pdf

So you do understand why the bill didn't pass. I guess we can move on to another outrage.

So you do understand why the bill didn't pass. I guess we can move on to another outrage.

Yeah, it's not like there aren't plenty to chose from.

Let's try looking at the TPP trade agreement put forth by that bastion of the Republifu*ks president Obama (who is really a predatory corporatist in progressive clothing)

Well lets see it's about 400 pages and it's undisclosed to the public. In other words it's non-transparent contrary to Obama's campaign promises to be a more transparent administration. What little that has leaked out shows it's of by and for the corporations. Not much of it is actually about trade, more about the corporate privilege to circumvent any particular country's laws on things like safety, workers rights and pollution. Bottom line, it's bad for the workers and good for the fascist corporations.

And Obama wants to ram it through congress with a process called "fast track" where it would be basically approved before hand, then they would have a few hours to read the 400 pages and then vote.

Obama is just a puppet, a corporate fascist puppet doing the bidding of the greed pig corporations that run this country.

Do you even know what "swing shift" means? You are just one, confused individual, like a little child, who is interrupting an adult conversation and has no idea, what gown-ups are talking about.

This has nothing to do with "swing shift" (which if you bothered to look up means usually 8 hour work period from about 3 to 11:30pm), but it has to do with definition of 40 hour work week, as "full time". Under current law if you work 30 hours per week and above, you are working full time. That is a legal definition, what "full time employment" means.

The attempt to change to 40 hours per week would have very far reaching consequences for EVERYONE in the future.

First and foremost: unemployment, and unemployment benefits. Basically anyone working on a 12 hour schedule would not qualify for full benefits. That not only would include hospital workers, but also emergency response personnel, military contractors and government contractors, air traffic controllers, refinery operators- we can go on with the list of jobs included. The estimate was roughly 18-20 million people would be effected.

Paid short term disability insurance- (like AFLAC), which has to pay premiums for short term disability for full time workers, but it will not pay anyone working on part time basis.

Have you thought about these issues moron, before shooting your mouth off here?

Do you even know what "swing shift" means? You are just one, confused individual, like a little child, who is interrupting an adult conversation and has no idea, what gown-ups are talking about.

This has nothing to do with "swing shift" (which if you bothered to look up means usually 8 hour work period from about 3 to 11:30pm), but it has to do with definition of 40 hour work week, as "full time". Under current law if you work 30 hours per week and above, you are working full time. That is a legal definition, what "full time employment" means.

The attempt to change to 40 hours per week would have very far reaching consequences for EVERYONE in the future.

First and foremost: unemployment, and unemployment benefits. Basically anyone working on a 12 hour schedule would not qualify for full benefits. That not only would include hospital workers, but also emergency response personnel, military contractors and government contractors, air traffic controllers, refinery operators- we can go on with the list of jobs included. The estimate was roughly 18-20 million people would be effected.

Paid short term disability insurance- (like AFLAC), which has to pay premiums for short term disability for full time workers, but it will not pay anyone working on part time basis.

Have you thought about these issues moron, before shooting your mouth off here?

Ermst Ma Gerd, It's JOBMAGEDON!

I hate to interrupt your tantrum but from what I can find HR-30 only amended what ACA considered full time. There is nothing that suggests unemployment would be affected. Since you didn't provide a link I went ahead and looked it up. It seams like the biggest impact comes from the reduction of ACA penalties proposed in the bills.

CBO: https://www.cbo.gov/publication/49873

Whitehouse response: http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/legislative/sap/114/saphr30r_20150107.pdf

I think you might have spent too much time on Facebook reading chain email. That shit rots your brain, ya know.

Hey CWC01 buddy, save your breath. These people are fucking geniuses. No need for input from simpletons (who actually use both sides of their brain). Hey Bob. You're not crazy, you're what I like to refer to as completely mentally challenged. Big smooches to your home country though, love those guys.