• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Critter Hampton

Surviving the Snow for Beginners

When I bag chicks, I use the "Double Bag" method... One to cover her face, and one to cover mine in case her's breaks. ;)

I HEARD THAT TECHNIQUE IS A REAL HIT WITH YOUR MOM
It worked well on your dad too. But I can't figure out why he never called me back. Musta been something to do w me kicking him out w out his dress.

Do you think mountains are female or male?

mountains are cold - distant - unloving - best features are their large conical shapes - quick to kill any man who takes them for granted...

dunno...too hard to tell :)

if mountains were man, most climbers would be ghey for wanting to mount them :)

Oly, would you consider a summer weekend backpack trip to one of those Enchantment Lakes to be the ultimate act of cool?

If the ultimate act of cool is meant to be fun then yes, because that sounds like fun. I like the Enchantments, but I'm just bummed out by the permit system. What, do they think nature will break if we get too many people back up in there? Heck no, that granite is hard! Imagine camping with a herd of 400 people up in there on a hot summer night. How fun would that be? They would have to create a permit system for fun, because the fun would be too much. Then you'd need a fun permit lottery system. And of course some bureaucracy to back that up.

I really wonder, if we were all left to our own devices with no interference from the Forest Service, how many people would you find up there on a nice summer weekend? 200? 400? Enough to have a wild outdoor rave with glow sticks, headlamps, and beatboxing?

exactly my argument drool. humans are nature. climate change is just a natural process. enjoy your new beach front property and sun tan and stop complaining!

This is what will happen without wilderness permits.

[video:youtube]

OLY WHY ARE U SPRAYING IN THIS THREAD INSTEAD OF BALEETING THE CHINESE REPLICA JERSEY SPAM FROM THE CALIFORNIA FORUM DAMMIT?