This guy didn't get what he wanted for xmas

chucK

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think his comments are designed to encourage, "Peace and love on earth?"

I'd be glad to see him out of politics if he is promoting the idea of segregation as sound policy, even if it is just to make a retiring friend (Strom) feel good. I'm sure there must have been something else good to say about him at the retirement. If not, maybe that's a problem too. pitty.gif

Glen -

He in no way endorsed segregation in his comments. The Dixiecrat party under whose banner Strom ran in '48 opposed the FEDERAL integration legislation on the basis of constitutionality. In that, in my opinion, they were correct. The Constitution clearly enumerated the powers given to the Federal Government and stated that all else was the purview of the states. Thus, segregation should have been dealt with in each state.

Granted, Trent fucked up and shouldn't have said what he did (especially in this PC climate). However, I think he did more damage to himself within his own party when he went and rolled over like a lap dog on BET. He doesn't deserve to be Senate Majority Leader, but only the people of his state can decide if he deserves to represent them in Congress.

Yeah Col, cool photo huh.

Greg,

I just find it funny because conservatives in general seem to be so proud of NOT being overly concernced about PC'ness. But when Sen. Lott makes a slip of the tongue that was twisted all out of proportion, all the repubs are jumping over themselves to "sacrifice" Lott for the good of the party. I guess you're right. It's not really pantywaistness. Underneath it all it's really merciless power grab but to do so they must portray themselves as PC pantywaists. That's what's so funny. yellowlaugh.gifyellowlaugh.gif

I'm a Republican and I'm going to say this about the Lott situation. I don't have a shred of evidence to support this...just a gut feeling...and that feeling is that Lott is and always will be a raciest. I'm pleased that he stepped down and personally I feel he should leave politics totally. Sorry Greg, but that's my feeling on this one.

Now on the other hand, did y'all hear what that dumbass Democratic Sen. Patty Murray said about Saddam? She's another Jane Fonda.

Now on the other hand, did y'all hear what that dumbass Democratic Sen. Patty Murray said about Saddam? She's another Jane Fonda.

Why is it that we never hear anything from our Senators? Because we have two freshman senators trying to learn the ropes? Or do I live to far south too count? (Hear more about Ron Wyden than anyone else!)