Rules for posters and lurkers

crazyjizzy

This is a board for climbers, by climbers, about climbing. AAs such we need to root out the bumbly intruders that are filling this place with incipid bullshit. I propose the following limits.

Lurking: Open to all.

Less than ten posts: Please limit your posts to innocous

questions about gear.

Less than fifty posts: Starting climbers, own Freedom of the

Hills, or have read Herzog or Kraukauer.

Less than 100 posts: Have top roped outside, walked in

crampons without needing stitches, have climbed a roped

summit in the Cascades.

Less than 200: Have led a pitch of 5.6 trad without breaking

any bones.

Less than 500: You consider yourself, and more importantly,

competent others consider you a climber. You can trad,

climb waterfalls, and do a self arrest without a sucking

chest wound.

If you have been up multiple A4's, WI5, been to Alaska, the greater Himilaya, South America, been in at least one fist fight while climbing, been refered to as a park bum by some park bums, or fired Kit Lewis's 50cal. muzzle loaded while drunk at Index, you can say anything you want.

If your posts exceed you ability by a factor less than 2.5 - get better. If greater than 2.5 STFU you boob.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what? We used to talk this kinda shit as surfers in high school. "You aren't a surfer unless you can... If you don't live here don't surf here..." etc. We would do shit like fight on the beach or in the parking lot over who owned the waves that day.

Looking back on it 25+ years later, this had more to do with being young and wantin' to play king of the hill than anything else. And actually surfing was more exciting in the learning stages, the first few times I got into big waves, or the first road trips, f'rinstance, than it was when I got fairly decent at it.

So screw it, I'll enjoy being a gumby, spraying past my ability, and hopefully I'll have some fun in the mtns in the coming year.

bigdrink.gif