More Gun Stuff

Peter_Puget

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a serious drag.

Gregg-head, do you hang out with your weapon in a shoulder holster when you're kicking back on your couch with your kids? Is the ol' peacemaker under your pillow when you sleep? Got one behind the TP in the lavatory? 'Cause check it out: unless you've got that fucker practically in your hand, it's not doing shit for you when some thug with a gun kicks in your front door, wakes you up with the cold muzzle against your nose, etc. So, Captain Bullet, yeah, apparently the occasional home invasion takes place (let's see, that's the first time DFA's ever heard of one happening in the Pac NW, sounds like a common occurrence!), but how to prevent it?

Hey, maybe if guns weren't as common as bubblegum, Joe Thief wouldn't have had the balls to perpetrate this shit, hmmm?

Edited by Dr_Flash_Amazing

Seriously, though, Greg; what good DO the weapons do if you can't get to them? Obviously, they're there in the event that you can get to them, but when you can't?

And the second theory diggity-does hold water. Why don't ten-year-olds drive cars, why do restaurants bother sanitizing their dishes, why can't any dumbass with a hammer build public buildings? Regulation, dude. Weeds out (most of) the fuckups and ne'er-do-wells to keep people safe.

one would assume you would need some pretty good training to be able to fill 'em with lead before they get to you too, since they have the element of surprise. but I suppose the gun is more often used as a deterrent, but then again, I wouldn't want to count on my enemies having a "reasonable" desire to stay alive.

yeah, apparently the occasional home invasion takes place (let's see, that's the first time DFA's ever heard of one happening in the Pac NW, sounds like a common occurrence!),

I believe MtnGoat gave an account of an attempted home invasion at his house (while he wasn't there) that was thwarted by his wife and her pistol. That was the first occurence of someone I know (sorta know, we haven't actually met) experiencing a home invasion, and this mosr recent event would qualify as a second one (someone who knows someone I sorta know). Still not common, but it takes the edge off my smug "hasn't happened to anyone I know" argument I've employed before.

I do agree that the "how you gonna access that weapon" question is valid, and the risk of loaded weapons everywhere is definitely higher than the risk of home invasion. Still, it could be handy if you ever wanted to recreate some scene from a John Woo flick.

POW report. Z skied the wide eastern couloir on Mt Kent with H the dog and

Benelli the avalanche shotgun today. The triple XXX's took some core shots, but hey-they make Ptex for shit like that. Shooting and skiing mix well. H the dog would like to know if they make earplugs for furballs?

DFA = BITCH BOY. You can also alternate SPUM DUMPSTER or BONE GOBBLER when referring to DFA.