More Gun Stuff

Peter_Puget

wow, 30% of those shootings were accidental. that averages to $240 million annually for accidental shootings. maybe there should be some kind of competancy test for owning a gun. or maybe (this should rile some feathers haha) there should be a gun tax to pay for it all.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point Trask. Why just today I was wondering how much would be saved if biking was prohibited on public streets! Wouldn't be surprised if it was a net gain to the commonwealth. That is to say maybe those eco bikers are costing us more than if the started driving one of those evil gas guzzlers.

I was talking to relatives in Ottawa over Christmas, and was surprised to learn that their move to gun registration has been slow & plagued with problems---namely that it's going to cost a lot more than any politician was willing to admit, and that ultimately this will be passed along in registration cost. Let me say upfront that I don't know the details of the Canadian plan...but the guy who told me this is retired from their Parliament.

I have always vaguely been in willing to register my guns, and have restrictions on handgun ownership. But damn if I want to pay wore than a couple of bits for any such program. That would in effect be limiting the right to own for many. Geek_em8.gifmadgo_ron.gif