Boston explosions

kevbone

"Authorites are focusing their efforts in Watertown for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, the brother of the dead suspect, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26. The Boston Globe is reporting that police fear Dzhokhar is wearing an explosive vest.

The Tsarnaevs are believed to have moved to the U.S. from war-torn Chechnya in 2003, along with other family members, a federal law enforcement official said. Tamerlan was studying engineering at Bunker Hill Community College in nearby Charlestown."

http://www.freep.com/article/20130419/NEWS/304190086/Boston-Marathon-bombing-manhunt

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two isolated losers. This sounds familiar. Not sure what is sadder, that they thought this was a solution to whatever ailed them or the current media feeding frenzy. I don't have cable and mostly use the tube as a streaming vehicle. Looked on line at CNN live coverage - holy shite - about a minute was enough.

Could the Chechens please stick to blowing up shit in Russia?

Oh please! The younger guy lived there for a whole year! If I go postal and start blowing shit up and killing cops, don't blame it on my birthplace. These are the same fucked up individuals as Cleabolt or Rudolph.

I wouldn't blame it on your b-place. Every Pole I know other you is an intelligent, coherent and likable person.

Two isolated losers. This sounds familiar.

NPR coverage from WBUR suggests that this wasn't the case, at least for the younger brother.

Staff at the school were almost effusive talking about the guy, one of WBUR's on-air personality's nephews new the guy reasonably well and said he was a good student, had a nice personality, wasn't subject to any appreciable hostility/exclusion at school, etc, etc.

There's no shortage of violent ideologies, both secular and religious, that have been inspiring otherwise normal, sane people to commit acts of violence that they wouldn't have otherwise for all of recorded history and then some.

It's not difficult to comprehend in the sense that it clearly happens all the time, even if I can't personally imagine believing in whatever ideology has inspired the latest batch of killers, much less being inspired to engage in violence by them. If only crazy people committed acts of mass violence, we'd be living in a much, much more peaceful world than we do or ever have.

I get what you're saying -- there are all sorts of acts of supreme violence that I can rationally understand.

But I have a hard time imagining a violent ideology that would inspire me to bomb marathon runners. I mean, I hate running and all, but not that much.

There's no shortage of violent ideologies, both secular and religious, that have been inspiring otherwise normal, sane people to commit acts of violence that they wouldn't have otherwise for all of recorded history and then some.

It's not difficult to comprehend in the sense that it clearly happens all the time, even if I can't personally imagine believing in whatever ideology has inspired the latest batch of killers, much less being inspired to engage in violence by them. If only crazy people committed acts of mass violence, we'd be living in a much, much more peaceful world than we do or ever have.

what's rather strange and akilter with the above sentiments of yours is that the sociopathy on display in boston so very much pales to the sociopathy that you supported with the invasion of iraq.

let's see... two misguided youth in support of whatever ideology they might have been supporting: 3 dead a few tens wounded;

1 misguided man and his cronies, along with the american public, in support of a miguided ideology: a few hundred thousand dead, many more wounded, and millions displaced.

who's really crazy in this crazy world?

It's not sociopathy when most people are into it.

Sorry.

But maybe what you are saying is that sociopaths do tend to follow psychopaths, and so on, to support adventures such as the invasion of Iraq. Interesting thought.

Not that it matters.

Famous last words:

I'm disturbed that my country, the Czech Republic, might be confused with being the same as Chechnya... considering how fucking stupid Americans are, this is a real possibility, and from what I've seen on FoxNews, the nukes might very well be on the way as we speak.

Best friends forever and nice knowing you,

Petr Gandalovic

Ambassador of the Czech Republic

what's rather strange and akilter with the above sentiments of yours is that the sociopathy on display in boston so very much pales to the sociopathy that you supported with the invasion of iraq.

let's see... two misguided youth in support of whatever ideology they might have been supporting: 3 dead a few tens wounded;

1 misguided man and his cronies, along with the american public, in support of a miguided ideology: a few hundred thousand dead, many more wounded, and millions displaced.

who's really crazy in this crazy world?

*yawn*

Famous last words:

I'm disturbed that my country, the Czech Republic, might be confused with being the same as Chechnya... considering how fucking stupid Americans are, this is a real possibility, and from what I've seen on FoxNews, the nukes might very well be on the way as we speak.

Best friends forever and nice knowing you,

Petr Gandalovic

Ambassador of the Czech Republic

turns out the Tsarnaev Brothers were two "wild and crazy guys" as well...