the shooter

rob

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty scary source, dude, coming disappointingly close to rationalizing and justifying an obviously dangerously-deranged man's misguided push against the system. I hope nobody makes this guy a mascot - regardless of any widespread corruption within the LAPD he's obviously a dangerous psychopath and this article is almost a defense of him. It's too bad, because it detracts from the important message. There are way better sources of information that this topic

I wonder why there hasn't been more reporting on the LAPD's assault of that SUV. I saw a few mentions of it on other sources but you'd think it would get a lot more attention.

it was a toyota tacoma with a shell, i just picked a quick source. i think someone down on the LAPD obviously wrote that. this guy is gonna fuck some shit up if they don't catch him. maybe charlie sheen can talk some sense into him :rolleyes:

I wonder why there hasn't been more reporting on the LAPD's assault of that SUV. I saw a few mentions of it on other sources but you'd think it would get a lot more attention.

it was a toyota tacoma with a shell, i just picked a quick source. i think someone down on the LAPD obviously wrote that. this guy is gonna fuck some shit up if they don't catch him. maybe charlie sheen can talk some sense into him :rolleyes:

Take him out with a drone strike.

Take him out with a drone strike.

and the LAPD along with him....

Interesting.

My best friend did two tours in Iraq - in late 02/03 and 04/05, lots of IED dodging in convoys, foot patrols in dense urban areas, etc - and he told me numerous times that negotiating the transition from active duty to civilian employment capable of supporting his family of 5 was significantly more stressful for him than any of his combat duty.

Me pa put 30 years in the Navy. He suffered strokes which eventually required a home care person to visit on the daily basis. Did his benefits cover it?

Nope. He died before my ma ran out of money.

The military did lift him and my ma out of New York's tenements. Moving a family out of poverty is no small thing - it is often a permanent change. All 7 of us graduated from college. None of my Pa's 12 siblings did, including him until he was in his 50s. It paid for much of his college after he retired through the GI bill. Combat medics fresh out of Vietnam stitched us up when we fell down. The commissary provided us with discounted food, although we did get a bit sick of Product 19 cereal and fish sticks. Our family is grateful for that. It fell short when he was no longer of any use to anyone, however.

The most insulting part is what folks would tell Mom when she explained her situation. "Did you check all your benefits?" Um...yes, she bothered to do that. Like folks refused to believe that Our Great Nation would leave one of its career servicemen out to dry like that, choosing instead to cast doubt on my mother's competence.

This is the same cow-eyed infantilism that is shocked to discover (or refuses to accept) that America has the worst health care system in 30 1st world countries, the highest incarceration rate in the world, and the widest income gap among modern nations. Any who works for a different future, who attempts to recognize our enormous problems so as to make this a better place, is marginalized as either dysfunctional or disloyal. This is AMERICA - not only does our shit not stink, it CAN'T stink. This junkyard dog response to proposed reform is nothing new to anyone on this forum, of course. God forbid we should tackle difficult, long term projects and make progress. Let's blow some shit up in some 3rd world shithole, instead.

This is an old story. A society will jump at the chance to buy a new weapon, but when it comes time to take care of its old warriors, somehow, other priorities...like new weapons, seem to soak up the money, first.

BTW, Fox is currently trying to publicly trash The Shooter. The guy who shot Bin Laden.

Righties, you are AWESOME.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I saw a Fox article about the Esquire article (which is the only known interview with the shooter in existence), and the author summarized the piece by saying the shooter was "bitter" towards the government and "demanding recognition and money." I remember wondering if that Fox "correspondant" even read all seven pages of the article. LOL probably not. He probably just had O'Reilly sum it up for him in the hallway.

"Damn freeloading goodfornothings, demanding handouts"

Imagine being the The Shooter. Now, this guys believes in what he did 100%. His country was screaming for revenge. He personally delivered.

He comes back, and....

Every single fucking aspect of the mission is widely criticized, doubted, and marginalized. Showing our weakness by giving the body a Muslim burial. Showing our insensitivity by not giving the body a Muslim burial. Where IS the body? SHOW US THE BODY. Millions don't even believe this guy risked his life to shoot anyone that night. Then...it's off to the movies. Pro Obama. Pro torture. Anti Obama. What a shit show.

And what a nation of shitty, small minded, Honey Boo Boo watching trailer dwellers. I'm as anti-war as it gets, but these guys deserve better. Way, way better.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Every single fucking aspect of the mission is widely criticized, doubted, and marginalized. Showing our weakness by giving the body a Muslim burial. Showing our insensitivity by not giving the body a Muslim burial. Where IS the body? SHOW US THE BODY. Millions don't even believe this guy risked his life to shoot anyone that night. Then...it's off to the movies. Pro Obama. Pro torture. Anti Obama. What a shit show.

And what a nation of shitty, small minded, Honey Boo Boo watching trailer dwellers.

And odd culture we live in - only accelerated by the internets. I had to Google "Honey Boo Boo" - I did read somewhere about some actress' speech reference. Holy cow - I'm glad I'm out of the loop and have no cable.