If you haven't used lycra, you have no clue :)

Dane

That is correct! If you haven't used lycra on rock or even better the newest Euro stuff in the alpine or ice you have no clue on what you are missing. Troglodytes that don't yet climb leashless need not apply!

Yep, those are Nomics on moderate alpine terrain, soloing in ski boots and risking life and limb with a another BD stainless horizontal failure. Ya gotta dig the matching shirt and glasses though, right ;)

537334_4959504780963_431694834_n.jpg

Discuss? Or disgusted :)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian, packing up today. Gotta decide what all to bring!

Cale? What no style points for matching sun glasses,helmet and top? New boots are blue and white. They'll match better. Just not here yet.

300x400_61200_0110.png

It all makes me laugh! Tough crowd :)

870g per boot in my size 45/29. Big drop on weight again. The DyNA versions are a lighter ski-mo race boot. I just got a new pair specifically for climbing. Stripped version of the yellow TLT Ps but basically the same boot minus any weight they could shave and still have the boot ski well.

Those boots sound crazy. Lighter than most insulated leather climbing boots.

No, even cooler! The DyNA boots are lighter THAN ANY current ice boot on the market buy a good bit. Batura 2.0 is the current record holder just under the Trango Extreme Evo. Newest Scarpa Rebel Ultra will beat everything listed to date for a fabric traditional styled ice/mtn boot. Going to be darn close to the DyNA for weight. May be even better it at 700+gs in a 45. I'll know more on that shortly. It is all very exciting. Weights posted are actual in my size 45s.

La Sportiva Batura 2.o. 2#2oz / 970g

La Sportiva Trango Evo Extreme GTX 2#3oz (35oz) / 992g

Scarpa Phantom Ultra new 2010 model 2#3.5oz (35.5oz) / 1006g

Scarpa Phantom Guide new 2010 model 2#7.5oz / 1120g

La Sportiva Batura 2nd gen. 2#9oz / 1170g

La Sportiva Nepal Evo 2#10.5oz / 1205g

The DyNA is 870g per boot or 1.9 POUNDS....1 # 14oz or 30oz! Dropping a full 10oz per pair off my size 45 from the lightest FABRIC ice climbing boot!

They have been freakin amazing to climb ice in if you like a stiff boot. I always have. Like climbing in a old Kolfach pretty much. Pluses and minus to that. Fit is and warmth is better on the DyNA. And a true double with a heat moldable and removable liner.

Come on Gene, ya got more to say :) I know ya do!

Matt this look more familiar? Jan. 1973, Canada. A full 40 years ago now!

That was sure the standard dress and tooling for my one go at ice on Glenwood falls in CO. I ended up mostly half drytooling off the ice to the right way before it became fashionable and was never so happy to get off something in my life. I think the biggest advances have been in the clothing - that stuff sucked balls back then and the tools weren't any better.