born again christians

keenwesh

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been close to death only a few times (hey, I'm young) but those are the times that solidified my atheism. There's nothing out there, we're fucking alone. it's better to just accept that. Life after death? Sounds awful. This one is bad enough

I had religion shoved down my throat growing up too (like most everyone in one shape or form, I suppose). But that has no bearing on the fact that GOD is alive in my life.

Lets all bow to almighty trashie so he can convince the power of God to stop influencing me and my world. Anyone that really knows me well will have a hard time arguing against the reality that I certainly would not be alive if God did not intervened over and over again, and nauseam. Call me a pussy, call me someone who needs a crutch. Call me respectful of a power greater than my own hunamity. Good on Joe Simpson for his personal convictions in his own personal life. Just don't think for a moment that your denial of God's existence in my life will deter God's presence or my reliance to trust in whatever will be, will be. Sometimes much easier said than done, of course. Be careful, God might reach out and grab you when you least expect it. Then again, as human beings, we can always reject the supreme and rely on our mechanisms. Isn't that the beauty of it???

Meantime, I'm glad I can always fall back on Traskothisism when my prescription of fukitol runs out. Trank you almighty trashie, trank you berry much. (insert bowing in magnanimous homage)

I suppose it's like trying to explain what it is like to be hit by lightning... One can tell all the stories, show pictures, relay facts upon facts, but unless you get hit by lightning, you will never know what it is like. Perhaps?
But since it has not happened to you, lightning strikes don't exist. Carry on. Nothing to see here, it's all smoke and mirrors.

One doesn't have to know all that is out there to know what isn't. Atheism requires no faith whatsoever.
I call Bullshite. How can one say it takes no "faith", yet have no scientific proof (can't proof a negative)? I'm sure in your case, your right. :rolleyes: because your mind is not open beyond your own ego (based on your persona here). You have FAITH that you are right and everyone else that believes in God is a sucker (paraphrasing). Call a spade a spade. Atheism takes believing in something you can't proof (faith by definition).

OK, I'm converted, trastised in the blood of spray, repentent sprayer and will now adhere to atheism because Joe Simpson climbed a mountain, fell off and never asked for God's help. DONE. THERE IS NO GOD. PERIOD.

Maybe God helps people even when they deny it? Maybe God was with Joe down deep in the cold, dark crevasse? Certainly his mind was gone bonkers and susceptible to hallucinations.

Just because not everyone in fox holes does not believe in God, does not eliminate the possibility of a God existing.

One doesn't have to know all that is out there to know what isn't. Atheism requires no faith whatsoever.
I call Bullshite. How can one say it takes no "faith", yet have no scientific proof (can't proof a negative)? I'm sure in your case, your right. :rolleyes: because your mind is not open beyond your own ego (based on your persona here). You have FAITH that you are right and everyone else that believes in God is a sucker (paraphrasing). Call a spade a spade. Atheism takes believing in something you can't proof (faith by definition).

"faith" is the belief in god or teachings of a religion. Since atheism don't believe in god, there is no "faith".

Faith is also believing in something without proof. Atheism is about needing proof to believe the existence in god. Since none exists (short afterlife experiences and feelings about the nature of the world are not proof), we have atheism and so atheism is not faith based.

belief in god requires faith because there is no evidence

belief in science requires no faith. Science believes in only things that can be proved. The day that a bigfoot is put in a cage or a skeleton found, science will believe in bigfoot. A simple visit from the almighty would be enough evidence too but are we not worthy enough a occasional sleep over from Daddy?

Anyhoo, back to the OPs post; Mall Man was actually acting rationally in context.

If youre a loon, would you rather stand on a strreet corner a scream about the coming alien apocalypse, or stand in a mall and scream about End Times and be applauded by millions of your fellows for getting The Truth out to the Unsaved?

Drive thru crazy is a lot less work than home cooked, too. Mall Mans just doing things the American way.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I have faith that God exists. I have no faith that any religion knows what the hell God wants. That includes irrational people spewing nonsense at the mall, christians, buddhists, whatever. Or the group whose leader went out into the woods and ate some mushrooms. And decided God told him he should sleep with lots of women and collect 10% from all his followers. The fact is that people will lie to get what they want. And religions are the perfect lie, if you dun believe (the lies) you're going to hell or unenlightened or just not worthy of the leaders sperm.

"faith" is the belief in god or teachings of a religion. Since atheism don't believe in god, there is no "faith".

Faith is also believing in something without proof. Atheism is about needing proof to believe the existence in god. Since none exists (short afterlife experiences and feelings about the nature of the world are not proof), we have atheism and so atheism is not faith based.

belief in god requires faith because there is no evidence

belief in science requires no faith. Science believes in only things that can be proved. The day that a bigfoot is put in a cage or a skeleton found, science will believe in bigfoot. A simple visit from the almighty would be enough evidence too but are we not worthy enough a occasional sleep over from Daddy?

You can parse words but you are still assuming something to be true when it can't be verified. Call it faith or non-faith but it still requires a belief, even if that believe is in nothing. It is the non-faith religion for the non religious. :crosseye: