Occupy

kevbone

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morons!

People who don’t have money don’t understand the stress,” said Alan Dlugash, a partner at accounting firm Marks Paneth & Shron LLP in New York who specializes in financial planning for the wealthy. “Could you imagine what it’s like to say I got three kids in private school, I have to think about pulling them out? How do you do that?”

Again, I partially agree and you raise some inherent cultural issues. It's amusing that when asked, most folks somehow think they can possibly end up in the upper 10% income bracket. Sorry to break the news to you but.... and it affects how they see the rich and how they vote.

Conversely, in the past 15 yrs or so the uber-rich have pushed down their tax rate and loosen financial oversight much to their advantage by having the politios on their leash. Historically this isn't the first time nor will be the last, but it's due for the pendulum to swing a bit the other way.

Every time I hear talk about rolling back Bush tax cuts or raising the marginal rates, I know exactly who that will ultimately affect - me and everyone else in the lower 90% of those actually paying taxes. The rich will get away scott-free.

You want to convince me? Modify the AMT to progressivly notch up the minimum absolute tax rate on the wealthy. After computing taxes, you take a person's total income (including cap gains) and if it exceeds various thresholds, the minimum tax is an absolute percent of said income.

Example for the dense here: say a guy makes $500K in salary, cap gains and whatever else, and then leveages deductions to only pay 10% of total income. Well, there is one new final step I am propsoing where the IRS says, sorry, you made $500 and the minimum tax for you is 15%. The guy that makes $1 million? 20%. Etc. As for Warren Buffet, I say tax that loud mouth at 90% :-)

Morons!

People who don’t have money don’t understand the stress,” said Alan Dlugash, a partner at accounting firm Marks Paneth & Shron LLP in New York who specializes in financial planning for the wealthy. “Could you imagine what it’s like to say I got three kids in private school, I have to think about pulling them out? How do you do that?”

I think the rich have all kinds of stress and pressure that I'd care not to have - much of it is self-induced, but a lot is due to realities of what their jobs and relationships and obligations demand.

But is it not a part of our cultural values here in America now for each guy to grab as much as he can? Whether it be a CEO, a movie star, a top-tier athlete, or a university President - don't they all demand a "competititve" salary with all the perks possible - even if that is 1000x what the guy at the bottom of the organization makes? It hits all levels of our society - fuck humility or moderation - get all you can - you deserve it and the next guy has it!

you assume wrongly - assuming my janitor is making a living wage, i'm pretty much happy to be making a mere 2x that :moondance:

I'd like my fists to occupy all their fuckin' faces.

Hey cupcake, it might be time to dial back on the testosterone you're taking for your training regimen, you're slipping into mondo aggro mode.

Funny, when I read your line I heard it in the voice of the Calamity Jane character from Deadwood...

Calamity-Jane-deadwood-18856716-1600-1200.jpg

Edited by Off_White

Hey cupcake, it might be time to dial back on the testosterone you're taking for your training regimen, you're slipping into mondo aggro mode.

Funny, when I read your line I heard it in the voice of the Calamity Jane character from Deadwood...

Calamity-Jane-deadwood-18856716-1600-1200.jpg

genius - me too - great show - sucks dick it just up n' went away :(

i bet p-wookie is way hotter than that, perhaps the hottest chick on the board to date ;)

i've been operating on the assumption you're the wookie princes (or her brother) for awhile now :P

i couldn't fake the p-wook if i tried baa

But is it not a part of our cultural values here in America now for each guy to grab as much as he can? Whether it be a CEO, a movie star, a top-tier athlete, or a university President - don't they all demand a "competititve" salary with all the perks possible - even if that is 1000x what the guy at the bottom of the organization makes? It hits all levels of our society - fuck humility or moderation - get all you can - you deserve it and the next guy has it!

you assume wrongly - assuming my janitor is making a living wage, i'm pretty much happy to be making a mere 2x that :moondance:

I'm all for less administrators and layers above teachers, and more base salary for the rank-and-file (with pay increases every year to at least match inflation)

But wait Rob or j_b probably say I don't really believe that. :rolleyes:

Every time I hear talk about rolling back Bush tax cuts or raising the marginal rates, I know exactly who that will ultimately affect - me

How will rolling back the Bush tax cuts affect you? Because the rich will actually have to pay there share and the will pass it down to you....trickle down?

Every time I hear talk about rolling back Bush tax cuts or raising the marginal rates, I know exactly who that will ultimately affect - me

How will rolling back the Bush tax cuts affect you? Because the rich will actually have to pay there share and the will pass is down to you....trickle down?

Because my marginal rate went down like all the rest did.

DUH!

How will rolling back the Bush tax cuts affect you? Because the rich will actually have to pay there share and the will pass is down to you....trickle down?

Because my marginal rate went down like all the rest did.

DUH!

I think if you just stay frosty and let cupid sort it out you should turn out fine. :rocken:

LOL!

OK, I'll take it down a notch (they whole shebang does irritate me tho). Heh...if you saw me IRL you would never guess I'd post anything like that.