Gay Marriage (Spray Version)

akhalteke

I am completely mortified at the level of bigotry coming from all the candidates. I was in D.C. last week and these hateful talking point were all over the place and this homophobic crap made me physically nauseated. I don't agree with all the Santorum blasting by the homosexual community but I think he deserves it.

I think the political polarization has made our great country regress and it will take a lot of time to fix the rifts we are creating. I would say that the only candidate above this is Paul; with his complicity in the racially charged newsletters published under his name, it is disheartening.

At this point... wait for it.... I will be voting for Obama. At least I can count on him not to be a base pandering bigot.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point... wait for it.... I will be voting for Obama. At least I can count on him not to be a base pandering bigot.

Obama singed the NDAA act. He is part of the problem. How can you vote for someone who can put you away for life without cause or proof. THINK!!!!!

How can YOU vote for bigots that wish to treat homosexuals like our country treated african americans in the 60's? THINK!!!

Obama singed the NDAA act. He is part of the problem. How can you vote for someone who can put you away for life without cause or proof. THINK!!!!!

How can YOU vote for bigots that wish to treat homosexuals like our country treated african americans in the 60's? THINK!!!

Didn't anyone teach you it is not polite to answer a question with a question?

I can show you proof that this NDAA bill can authorize the US military to come to your house and arrest you because they think you are a terrorist and seize all your assets and there is not a god damn thing you can do about it.

So please show me where Ron Paul wants to treat Homo's like we treated African Americans in the 60. Dont show me what someone else wrote. Show me what HE HAS said.

A good on-point critique of the Republican Party by good 'ol Thomas Friedman:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/12/opinion/sunday/friedman-we-need-a-second-party.html?src=recg

To summarize (for Kevbone): Republicans are out of date on social issues and are ideologically uncompromising about the important issues that need to be addressed moving into the 21st C.

To summarize (for Kevbone): Republicans and Democrats are out of date on social issues and are ideologically uncompromising about the important issues that need to be addressed moving into the 21st C.

All fixed for you. And I agree that both are out of touch.....good thing Ron Paul is only running as a republican but we all know he is not one.

Divide and conquer. That is the new recipe for disaster in the US. Get people to think there is a difference between a Republican and a Democrat. Then make them argue about it until they are blue in the face. Obama and Romney's politics are very similar. Dont be fooled by the color of the party. Its all bullshit.

Divide and conquer. That is the new recipe for disaster in the US. Get people to think there is a difference between a Republican and a Democrat. Then make them argue about it until they are blue in the face. Obama and Romney's politics are very similar. Dont be fooled by the color of the party. Its all bullshit.

Are you saying there is no difference between the far right and the center right? Are Democrats trying to send government services back to the 19th century? Are Democrats anti-science? Are Democrats declaring war on public mass transit? Do you read about white supremacists holding seminars at Democratic party conferences? etc

Beware of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

To add another unscientific poll in regard to what candidates are supported by the anti-vaccine crowd, here is mine: They are often self-described as progressive or green, and always as independent. But in practice that means they don't actually support anybody, or even vote.

Go Ron Paul!

Come to think of, the word "progressive" is unlikely to be in their vocabulary, for whatever that's worth. More likely, they identify with some kind of cultish label, and prefer to pay deference (and money) to an astrologer or the like, rather than seeking anything like a vaccine or help with health maintenance from a true medical provider. Of course, when the immune system falls short, either from drug abuse, advancing age, just bad luck, or whatever, they usually find a way to the emergency department at a local hospital where an intervention based on science can save them. But even then, once recovered, they will be quick to blaming something like chem trails or the water for whatever ailed them, be it pneumonia, MRSA, an MI, or a good old fashioned psychotic break. Anyway, these people usually don't vote. (They are independent, don't ya know. Besides, all the Democratic and Republican politicians are the same.)

What struck me as especially irrelevant was the notion that some misinformed voters being anti-vaccination would be the equivalent of Republican politicians running for office while actively denying evolution and climate change (to pick 2 theories grounded in science over a century old).

i'm pro vaccination

i'm anti-having my home broken into and being arrested for no apparent reason other than i own an ice axe.

i'm pro-choice...i encourage people to choose who they want to marry regardless of gender. i'm a fan of people reproducing responsibly. i'm strongly in favor of choosing not to judge a book by its cover or people by their skin color.

i'm anti-destroying the environment.

i'm pro keeping more of the my money i earn in my bank account. i'm pro having an economy in which i can find a job. i pro savings and retiring.

who do i vote for?

So please show me where Ron Paul wants to treat Homo's like we treated African Americans in the 60. Dont show me what someone else wrote. Show me what HE HAS said.

Never said it Kevie. Just implied that either Paul was a RACIAL bigot or a horrible proofreader with little attention to detail; or a base panderer (which is more likely the case as this is what this whole issue boils down to).

What struck me as especially irrelevant was the notion that some misinformed voters being anti-vaccination would be the equivalent of Republican politicians running for office while actively denying evolution and climate change (to pick 2 theories grounded in science over a century old).

How long do you think vaccine science has been around homey?