Gay Marriage (Spray Version)

akhalteke

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still, at least things are not as bad as they would be in a Ron Paul administration. Can you even imagine? No regulation of the banking industry, no regulation of the stock market, no regulation of the environment -- it's like a corporate wet dream.

If by "let it burn" you mean to let it fail.....yes, let it fail. Its called capitalism and when it works it works. Let the market decide. I dont like the government make the decisions on winners and losers.

Hey!

Didn't the GOP, I mean Tea Party, defend paying Wall Street and Corporate types their bonuses and golden parachutes when they not only left the "losers" but were in fact the ones who drove them into the ground because in a capitalist system we honor our contracts.

So how do you justify rescuing these rich bastards "at the expense of my taxes" while giving the finger to everyone who worked their entire life for a company to get a pension so they don't end up on the street in their old age?

Did that slip your mind?

We helped Detroit and an entire generation of retirees still has what they worked for--after all isn't capitalism also about rewarding hard work? Not to mention the hundreds of thousands who still have auto industry and related jobs?

Good government policy means stepping in where possible to avert the collapse of a sector of the economy that can be avoided.

Bad decision making by a few overcompensated snob retard executives and board members does not justify throwing everybody else whose hard work actually produced the product/service under the bus.

Still, at least things are not as bad as they would be in a Ron Paul administration. Can you even imagine? No regulation of the banking industry, no regulation of the stock market, no regulation of the environment -- it's like a corporate wet dream.

Yeah the funny part is that would actually be very good for lawyers.

As corporations would no longer be barred from doing stupid things, people WOULD get hurt, and lawsuits would fly.

Not sure which is worse--regulators or litigators--but I do know who costs a company more money!

I don't like where we are at but I would like a great depression even less. Isn't Paul's solution to the economic crisis to "let it burn"? You are aware of what it'd mean for many Americans? How can you justify that?

I dont like the idea of the government bailing out a company because it made bad business decisions. At any level. That means they took from me and my children and my children s children to pay for bad decisions making. If by "let it burn" you mean to let it fail.....yes, let it fail. Its called capitalism and when it works it works. Let the market decide. I dont like the government make the decisions on winners and losers.

Nobody is talking about bailing out the people who made bad decisions. Most businesses had nothing to do with the housing bubble collapse and the rampant speculation that created the current conditions. Neither did the communities and individuals that sustained these businesses through infrastructure and labor. People who lose their jobs due to outsourcing have little to do with the decisions made in Washington to allow unfair trade.

The great free market in the sky is an illusion. Government has always intervened in the economy and likely always will, which is a good thing since we also want to decide what kind of society we live in.

I don't like where we are at but I would like a great depression even less. Isn't Paul's solution to the economic crisis to "let it burn"? You are aware of what it'd mean for many Americans? How can you justify that?

I dont like the idea of the government bailing out a company because it made bad business decisions. At any level. That means they took from me and my children and my children s children to pay for bad decisions making. If by "let it burn" you mean to let it fail.....yes, let it fail. Its called capitalism and when it works it works. Let the market decide. I dont like the government make the decisions on winners and losers.

Nobody is talking about bailing out the people who made bad decisions. Most businesses had nothing to do with the housing bubble collapse and the rampant speculation that created the current conditions. Neither did the communities and individuals that sustained these businesses through infrastructure and labor. People who lose their jobs due to outsourcing have little to do with the decisions made in Washington to allow unfair trade.

The great free market in the sky is an illusion. Government has always intervened in the economy and likely always will, which is a good thing since we also want to decide what kind of society we live in.

So who are you going to vote for?

I dont like the government make the decisions on winners and losers.

I do like it when the government decides that we aren't all going to be losers.

The auto/finance bailouts weren't about picking winners, they were making sure we didn't slide into and even bigger hole than we were in.

Besides, isn't that what SCOTUS did for W?

How does the fact of the bail-out money being paid back to our government, with the addition of $billions in profit to us for the favor, mean that money has been taken from your children? How does the survival and subsequent prosperity of American industries, and the consequentially gainful employment of hundreds of thousands of Americans, mean that our government has chosen who of us will be winners and losers? I think the answers are self evident: Nobody took anything from you, nor from any freeloading whining sack who really doesn't produce anything but a dent on the living room couch. And no government decided whether or not you are a winner or a loser. It's been your choice.

So who are you going to vote for?

It depends on whether or not it's close between Obama and anybody on his right. From the way things are shaping up right now, i'd vote 3rd party (Green, Justice,..), especially if Obama and hill Dems keep selling their constituency down the river ( latest example)

Close? Obama will win WA state. You can write-in Trotsky if you'd like and it will make no difference

Who am I voting for. And considering the field? I'm holding my nose and voting for the lackluster leadership, stay-the-Bush-course, environment-is-just-a-bargaining-chip, try-talkin'-to-em guy who's in office.

Kind of a no-brainer when the alternatives are sanctimonius, adulterous, a racist, or a corporate shill.

Ron Paul will fit right in southern Id, even better in northern Id. I wouldn't get to close though. I'm not convinced bloodlust isn't infectious.

Idaho politics scares me and I grew up there. :shiver: It's what happens when you have a 1 party system and a highly homogenous population. You're options are really conservative, mostly libertarian, or batshit crazy.

How does the fact of the bail-out money being paid back to our government, with the addition of $billions in profit to us for the favor, mean that money has been taken from your children? How does the survival and subsequent prosperity of American industries, and the consequentially gainful employment of hundreds of thousands of Americans, mean that our government has chosen who of us will be winners and losers? I think the answers are self evident: Nobody took anything from you, nor from any freeloading whining sack who really doesn't produce anything but a dent on the living room couch. And no government decided whether or not you are a winner or a loser. It's been your choice.

Are you trying to sell me that ALL of the bail outs have been paid back? Bush era as well? I have a bridge to sell you.