Legalize it thread

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Russian's friend, a woman, told me recently that all my art pieces look like penises.

Patricium, not the russian one, that was the italian american and besides you guys started it that night :grin:

And it got loud apparently!

The entire neighborhood is still not on speaking terms with me!

The Russian's FRIEND, Russian. What am I, a translator?

BTW, send me her email so I can see if she still wants that thing we talked about one time.

The Russian's friend, a woman, told me recently that all my art pieces look like penises.

Patricium, not the russian one, that was the italian american and besides you guys started it that night :grin:

And it got loud apparently!

The entire neighborhood is still not on speaking terms with me!

The Russian's FRIEND, Russian. What am I, a translator?

BTW, send me her email so I can see if she still wants that thing we talked about one time.

THAT does not suit you Pat. Brings to mind the x-sp.

Nobody really knew their ex -- or else they wouldn't have gotten with them in the first place. That's why I dislike everybody right from the beginning. It always ends up that way in the end, so you might save a lot of time.

Finally ending up in a good place makes all the previous shit you had to go through to get there seem like it was worth it. Such a mechanism makes humans dumber but happier.

Nobody really knew their ex -- or else they wouldn't have gotten with them in the first place.
A-men, Bruthuh...

That's why I dislike everybody right from the beginning. It always ends up that way in the end, so you might save a lot of time.
This is going to be my new mantra. :)

• 2 weeks later...

As of Saturday, I502 had 286,000 signatures. 241,000 valid signatures are required. The project will continue to gather 22,000 signatures per week until the deadline of Dec 30, to account for any margin of error.

In other words, this is now real.

If the legislature doesn't pass I502 as is first, it will appear on the 2012 November ballot.

I've been gathering endorsements from Country Chapter Democrats. It usually takes a couple of months of introducing and discussing the issue before a vote on endorsement is taken. We've had prohibition for so long, now, that legalization, even though there aren't really any cogent arguments against it, seems like an alien concept for a lot of people.

"Can we actually do that?"

"Yup."

$5 says the WA voters won't go for it, they're all way too fucking retarded. The opposition is gonna play all sorts of ads about legalizing drug use by kids and shit and everyone is gonna start screaming, "won't somebody think of the children???" I mean look how freaked out people got over something as simple as a rational liquor policy in WA state. OMG OMG OMG COSTCO WILL BE SELLING BOOZE TO MY 3-YEAR OLD NEPHEW!!!!

It's a good start, though.

Edited by rob

My discussions with some of the most conservative folks around this state...in Pacific, Okanogan, Lewis, and other counties - people who I've personally seen go from "WTF?" to "Let's Endorse This" leads me to believe that it's not only possible, but likely that voters will go for it.

That rational liquor policy passed by a wide margin, as I recall.

you mean passed FINALLY.

So are we on? $5. I'd like to see it pass as much as the next guy, but I'm just being realistic. I'm really glad you guys got it on the ballot, though (theoretically) -- things like this usually need to be on the ballot several times before passing, it seems. (I signed, btw)

Edited by rob