climbing und 'shrooms

ZimZam

Missouri boys wanna get high. Guess the meth lab got shut down.

Half-naked climber -- possibly high on mushrooms -- rescued from First Flatiron in Boulder

A climber who was half-naked -- and possibly high on mushrooms -- was rescued from the First Flatiron on Friday afternoon, according to the Boulder County Sheriff's Office.

At 12:35 p.m., officials received a call from a climber saying his friend was "not acting right" and required assistance as the two were climbing the First Flatiron. Both men were 25 and visiting from Missouri, according to a news release. Emergency crews were able to retrieve the climber, who was treated and released from Boulder Community Hospital.

Deputies found psilocybin mushrooms -- a hallucinogenic -- on the climber who called the rescue in and arrested him on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance.

Investigators say the rescued climber may have been under the influence of the mushrooms and could face drug charges.

Also, deputies say they think a civilian may have been bitten by one of the climbers during the rescue.

:crazy::grlaf:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rescue team may have decided the guy reporting the problem wasn't acting quite right despite the ability to report problems via cell phone.
I've been on plenty of rescues where the RP "wasn't acting quite right" and we never asked them if they were on drugs.

I mean, c'mon, they're the subject of a rescue. Of course they don't feel "quite right."

The rescue team may have decided the guy reporting the problem wasn't acting quite right despite the ability to report problems via cell phone.
I've been on plenty of rescues where the RP "wasn't acting quite right" and we never asked them if they were on drugs.

I mean, c'mon, they're the subject of a rescue. Of course they don't feel "quite right."

Yeah, but you're not a cop

Yeah, but you're not a cop

But I want to play one on TV. Just like those Seattle guys... :smirk:

Does anyone else find it interesting that having a mushroom in your pocket is a felony?

Jesus fucking krist this country needs to get a life....

When it leads to the endangerment (and mastication) of others, I'd say there should be punishment.

Oops! Edit. Are you reefering (ha!) to the "felony" part, or that it's illegal in general?

Edited by max

Also, deputies say they think a civilian may have been bitten by one of the climbers during the rescue.

Sounds a little uncertain. Was the "civilian" a cat in a box or something?

They should ask this guy. He would know...

heisenberg-werner-quantum-1.jpg

OK. Who's this cat? Hannibal something?