www.tradclimbermating.com

RuMR

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to have a great positive effect on the gene pool! An entire generation of humans will be born with balls of steel who eschew the sterilized, risk-free environment of bolted sport climbing in favor of the true hardman ethic! Yvon Chouinard and Mark Twight are filling vials of sperm as we speak for the sister-website www.testtubetradbabies.com.

Seems to me it pretty much boils down to whether a woman wants a man who has to rehearse the details thirty six times before actually getting around to doing the deed or one who just steps up and gets it done right the first time.

Yeah, likewise: what kind of man wants a girl who uses pre-placed protection? ew

Seems to me it pretty much boils down to whether a woman wants a man who has to rehearse the details thirty six times before actually getting around to doing the deed or one who just steps up and gets it done right the first time.

Are you asserting that free soloists suffer from higher rates of HIV infections, what with no protection and all that?

A friend of mine ordered one of those test tube babies, that little tyke is quite the buckaroo!

Seems to me that this site had a new policy of prohibiting personal attacks...

yet I see that the ridicule of this Buckaroo fellow continues in a different venue.

Just sayin'.

BULLY11.jpg

that's sounds like a "quick fire" solution...

A friend of mine ordered one of those test tube babies, that little tyke is quite the buckaroo!

yet I see that the ridicule of this Buckaroo fellow continues in a different venue.

Just sayin'.

bullies.jpg

I was out hiking with my girlfriend for a few days and I come back only to find that I've missed out on 9 pages of yet another bolt thread on CC!

To make matters worse the thread is locked and I'm unable to voice my very important opinion on this very important and special bolt that I've never seen.

I couldn't really give a shit about this particular bolt but I do find it interesting that a thread that was staying mostly civil (considering it still is the internet) was ended and locked for what appeared to me to be no good reason. I thought the internet was about free flow of ideas? WTF else are all those tubes for? If people wanna bitch and argue about bolts why is CC trying to stop them?

The new policy regarding personal attacks is an interesting one. Apparently the admins are having some trouble with it as well considering their inability to enforce this rule with anything resembling consistency. I'm convinced there is a list somewhere with the "made" cc users. Kevbone's probably got a copy by now since I know he's been looking for it as well.

Seriously OFF, If people want to bitch about bolts why won't CC let them? I followed your advice and came here and found nothing resembling a bolt discussion but rather, whatever this thread is about. I was enjoying the strong opinions being exchanged by experienced climbers regarding an issue they feel very passionately involved in. The only people that were posting personal insults are the same hand full of people who tend to post nothing but sarcastic and personally demeaning posts yet instead of banning them the thread gets locked.

Maybe I should just stop wasting so much time on this website and pay attention to things that actually matter.

Yep, the real discussion was over when the thread was locked. Everybody had days of opportunity to express their opinions on the subject and respond to posts of users with different views.

The debate shifted to a sprayfest. That's fine in spray, but not a useful addition to the thread in the Climbers Board.

To be fair, the discussion of the merits and appropriateness of that particular bolt was long over. About half-way through the usual suspects turned up to start ranting and raving about bolts and sport climbing in general.

Maybe because the discussion had to do with BOLTS?

And maybe some folks believe it's a bigger issue than just a single bolt on City Park?

And who decides when the discussion is over? When any given individual is bored with it? As they say....scroll on by if you don't want to read it.

And the "usual suspects" aren't welcome?

How about the usual BOLT-SUPPORTING suspects and THEIR "ranting and raving about bolts and sport-climbing in general"?

Vantage_attrocity_1_.jpg

As I stated: "All necessary information has been posted and discussed, plenty of position statements have been issued and any individual has as much input as they need to come to their own conclusion, so get off your soapboxes, this thread is done. Go start another one in Spray if you want to continue down the path this thing is going."

The topic was the replacement of a 30 year old bolt on a route at Index, not the decline of Western Civilization. Pretty much all possible positions had been stated and were there to be evaluated by any concerned climber. The person who replaced the bolt posted his reasoning and said if you were really bent out of shape about it, by all means, go remove it. Does anyone really think there was more to be said on the subject? Did anyone think if they just put the right slant on their post they were going to change minds and bring about a thought revolution in climbing?

Bullying Buckaroo? Oh please! If he was serious in his suggestion that gear protected climbing was an important piece of the advancement of the species under Darwinian evolution, and that women are driven to mate with bold climbers, then it was a stupid and silly idea deserving of derision. More likely he was engaging in a sprayworthy Modest Proposal, and that makes it pretty funny, hence the decision by some to take the bit to Spray and expand it. If Buckaroo is hurt or offended my use of the same term he took as an avatar (note, I did not capitalize, the the word refers to a rooting tooting cowboy) he's free to express his concern and I would gladly modify my words for the sake of his feelings. That I should do so because Raindawg imagines something? I repeat myself: Oh Please!

Anyway, I stand by my decision to shut that thread, as it was done and going nowhere useful. Its my job here to make those sort of judgement calls. If you have a complaint about my actions or words, please take it upstairs to Jon or Porter, or even any one of the other mods. Moderators have been reprimanded or demoted in the past, feel free to mount a campaign for my removal if that's your desire.

Moderators have been reprimanded or demoted in the past, feel free to mount a campaign for my removal if that's your desire.

Nope. Your skill and wisdom is appreciated Buckaroo.

Thank you.

PS, I thought the original Buckaroo had a fairly good point, seemed like a strange place to put it but it makes ya think and in some ways I agree with him.

That is all.

Just sayin'.

bullies.jpg

Didn't read a lick of this thread, but I gotta give Raindawg props for the funniest photo

I was out hiking with my girlfriend for a few days and I come back only to find that I've missed out on 9 pages of yet another bolt thread on CC!

To make matters worse the thread is locked and I'm unable to voice my very important opinion on this very important and special bolt that I've never seen.

I couldn't really give a shit about this particular bolt but I do find it interesting that a thread that was staying mostly civil (considering it still is the internet) was ended and locked for what appeared to me to be no good reason. I thought the internet was about free flow of ideas? WTF else are all those tubes for? If people wanna bitch and argue about bolts why is CC trying to stop them?

The new policy regarding personal attacks is an interesting one. Apparently the admins are having some trouble with it as well considering their inability to enforce this rule with anything resembling consistency. I'm convinced there is a list somewhere with the "made" cc users. Kevbone's probably got a copy by now since I know he's been looking for it as well.

Seriously OFF, If people want to bitch about bolts why won't CC let them? I followed your advice and came here and found nothing resembling a bolt discussion but rather, whatever this thread is about. I was enjoying the strong opinions being exchanged by experienced climbers regarding an issue they feel very passionately involved in. The only people that were posting personal insults are the same hand full of people who tend to post nothing but sarcastic and personally demeaning posts yet instead of banning them the thread gets locked.

Maybe I should just stop wasting so much time on this website and pay attention to things that actually matter.

KirkW...please give me some credit. I didn't rip ANYONE in the actual thread and rather went to spray to make this post. Also, i merely regurgitated what Buckaroo said...that tradclimbers make superior mating stock.

If he was serious in his suggestion that gear protected climbing was an important piece of the advancement of the species under Darwinian evolution, and that women are driven to mate with bold climbers, then it was a stupid and silly idea deserving of derision.

It's pretty clear Off and guys like Eric Ulner in SoIll came to the conclusion that hot chicks actually prefer climbers with their own private, well-furnished crags. How are you going to argue the point? True, a hot tub at the base instead of some cheap bench might pull in a few more hotties, but how many do you need?

Yeah, likewise: what kind of man wants a girl who uses pre-placed protection? ew

diaphragms are better than a condom

I couldn't help but find some humor in Raindawg's post- "As they say... scroll on by if you don't want to read it." Wouldn't

that be kinda like climbing on by the bolt without clipping it or strolling past the offending crag and climbing somewhere else?

Poor analogy. Unlike ideas, bolts have a physical reality and there are some of us who think that if they are to be used, they should be rare, especially on public property where not everyone appreciates the current unrestrained ability of anyone to permanently alter OUR rock environment for their personal entertainment.

I couldn't help but find some humor in Raindawg's post- "As they say... scroll on by if you don't want to read it." Wouldn't

that be kinda like climbing on by the bolt without clipping it or strolling past the offending crag and climbing somewhere else?

Poor analogy. Unlike ideas, bolts have a physical reality and there are some of us who think that if they are to be used, they should be rare, especially on public property where not everyone appreciates the current unrestrained ability of anyone to permanently alter OUR rock environment for their personal entertainment.

Dammit...thread drift...no bolt discussions allowed in MY thread...this thread has to do with hooking up superior specimens to bolster the homo sapiens species' weakening genetic pool.

go start your own thread to talk about some stupid bolts...sheesh