before u start bitch'n'bout beacon

ivan

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did ask, though not on teh intrewubs as many specifically asked me not to ask here

yet its on open forum now...

That's it - OffWhite, please murder me! I've had enough.

a year later, and on the occasion of the closure, it's time - like i said, it's more productive then bitching about birds

tell me you don't have to work this weekend kenny!

did ask, though not on teh intrewubs as many specifically asked me not to ask here

Who did you ask? Jim? I was not called. Nor Andrew, Larry, Marc or Brad.

nope, ivan asked me, brad had nothing to do with the face and marc and larry just toproped the two climbs to the left of smoke signals. i don't care what ivan did up and i'm not bitching but i figured ivan wouldn't want to have any false feeling of an FA being he is for the most part a pretty straight up guy. other than the fact he doesn't spend time with his kids ;) like kevbone does :rolleyes:

this is really stupid, how did this become so stupid?

The thread was kevboned and you guys fell into it by replying to the bone. IF YOU WILL BUT WATCH THIS VIDEO ALL WILL BE CLEAR.

[video:youtube]

Note that Leroy, like Kevbone, has NO clue. NONE> ! Should anyone require a full explanation, you can read the comments below the vid. There are currently 79,000 of them.

Pink, you got all that route info at your fingertips? You might post it up. Love to see it.

this is really stupid, how did this become so stupid?

regretably, once done bitchign about birds, we have little left but to be stupid :lmao:

speaking of tending to kids, miker's dropping his boy off at kindergarten 2morrow than gonna solo stone soup - he gets the honor of being first to see the recent ledge-o-lanche right off p2 right up close, and all while still playing the part of the goddamn pater familias! :)

I am interested in doing some aid on "Stone Soup" this winter! That looks rad!!! No need for hammer or pitons?!? Maybe next week? Not sure if my regular parter is availible or not so anyone else maybe interested? I have some aid experience, Skull Queen in Yosemite, and West Face & East Face of Mokey Face, nothing harder than C2+ but I want to get better to maybe get on Mescalito this year!

Rock on!

Did you say Stone Soup? Here's some photos from today. Really a quality route. I'd bring a hammer for cleaning though. Also a headlamp for placing gear on the first pitch. If only Kenny would have had that beta, he'd still have his tailboner. Good times, thank you Ivan.

The first pitch has a few tricky "very interesting" sections but fun stuff. Stone_Soup_002.JPG

Ivan looking for the umbrella.

Stone_Soup_008.JPG

Ivan starts the second pitch, a little cruxy right off the deck. Stone_Soup_017.JPG

Ivan nears 3 Tree Ledge and the top of the second pitch. We got rained on pretty hard at this point and the temps were chilly so we bailed. I'm stoked to get back on it and finish it as it looks like great fun ahead for the next 4 pitches!

Stone_Soup_020.JPG

Highly reccommended.

you ever look at a picture and swear that you've been there before? this soup is becoming more stoney as time time goes on :) the name of that pitch is barneys bullet, it's a cool name with a funny story. i reakon if i would have gone further with it swiss family ledges would have been called mayberry. you might not wanna talk to marc farrah about the upper pitches unless you wanna rename your route MISO ;)