Nutrition assessment

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The raw movement is pretty funny. Proper cooking makes available a lot of otherwise unavailable nutrients.

America has got to have the most dysfunctional, schizoid relationship with food of any culture in the world. The majority of any given sufferers 'food allergies' don't actually exist, vegetarianism and its more austere sister, veganism, is a nutritional disaster without extreme ATTENTION and FOCUS, but you can always go the other way with a Double Down and 44 oz Dr. Pepper. Corporations constantly push the 'eat and run' ideal (BUSY MOMS! BUSY KIDS! BUSY PETS!) - which of course pushes processed food. Anyone who bucks the factory food trend gets labeled as indulging in 'boutique cuisine'.

I'm sorry, but Americans just aren't that busy, unless channel changing constitutes being fully occupied. Half the households in this country are single people who do not volunteer, play sports, or have to take care of anyone but themselves. In other words BUSY BUSY BUSY!!!!!

I guess I should clarify my "raw" statement... I believe that "processed" foods are generally far less nutritional than "unprocessed" foods. Granted, I am a lowly simpleton with not much ejemakation on da subjekt. Still, I do feel much "healthier" and stronger when abstaining (as much as is feasible) from all the crap and sugar that is inevitably in virtually all processed foods. But of course, Trashie must always put anyone's comments into the proper place. Thanks again oh master of the all that is known about everything. Your enlightenment will surely save all of us from ourselves, we owe you our lives and children...