Another Right-Wing Loon Makes the News

Choada_Boy

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Progressives. Perpetually underpowered. Oh well, that's what happens when you go to war in a Microbus....

Hey - I had a '69 that I rebuilt the engine to turn 1776 cc - up Snoqualmie Pass in 4th! balanced cam, lw flywheel, oversized pistons. So there.

or telling us that corporate media consolidation and the lack of a diverse non-commercial media isn't an obstacle to establishing democracy.

Nope. Another trick: bait and switch. You two have a shitty repertoire of rhetoric gimmicks.

I only posited that your original blog post was crap, and, as is pretty obvious to anyone (else) by now, it was.

Lieberman was elected by the right wing vote and he paid them back tenfold but Tvash can't see that.

I know all about good ole Joe.

Nearly all successful bills at the state level need bipartisan sponsorship to have a any prayer of success. This requires working with folks who may disagree on other issues. I don't have a problem with that.

People who wait for across the board agreement from their compatriots usually wind up...waiting.

A Reagan appointed, conservative judge handed the ACLU one of its most sweeping victories in recent years over the PA intelligent design case. This kind of thing happens all the time.

Successful political advocacy depends on partnering with people and groups that don't on specific issues, despite disagreement on others.

Fuckin' angry hairless monkeys!

Lieberman is a conservative on most everything. Having a Lieberman in the Democratic party is like not seeking to have a progressive represent his state. Why do it?

You do it for all the gay men and women who serve their country, that's why. They don't much give a fuck who votes their way, as long as it happens. I kind of thought that answer would be obvious, but I guess not.

Keep your eyes on the prize, baby.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Lieberman is a conservative on most everything. Having a Lieberman in the Democratic party is like not seeking to have a progressive represent his state. Why do it?

You do it for all the gay men and women who serve their country, that's why. I kind of thought that answer would be obvious, but I guess not.

as if his vote on DADT counterbalanced all the reactionary policies he pushed. It's not even close. what a lame argument.

Progressives. Perpetually underpowered. Oh well, that's what happens when you go to war in a Microbus....

Hey - I had a '69 that I rebuilt the engine to turn 1776 cc - up Snoqualmie Pass in 4th! balanced cam, lw flywheel, oversized pistons. So there.

Never met anyone with a Microbus who didn't have to do this.

Don't get me wrong...I love life in the slow lane when you've got the time for it. And Microbuses sure as hell beat tenting it.

You do it for all the gay men and women who serve their country, that's why. I kind of thought that answer would be obvious, but I guess not.

as if his vote on DADT counterbalanced all the reactionary policies he pushed. It's not even close. what a lame argument.

So...you've been working on an issue for over 15 years (like DADT), and because a lawmaker voted for the war or whatever, you're going to say to the tens of thousands of gays in the military "Hey, sorry, we can't accept this vote. It's not pure enough".

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the resounding SUCCESS of the progressive agenda!

But don't worry, there are groups who are not so ideologically pure that are achieving that agenda for those who refuse to soil their delicate hands in the dirty work of democracy - where people sometimes disagree (OH MY!)

We let God sort that shit out. We don't have time for it.

ut don't worry, there are groups who are not so ideologically pure that are achieving that agenda for those who refuse to soil their delicate hands in the dirty work of democracy - where people sometimes disagree (OH MY!)

while you morons have been lecturing us about "purity", Democratic politicians have enabled the neoliberal/neconservative agenda pretty much across the board. They are even coming for Social Security today, while Democrats aren't too sure whether or not they are going to defend the most successful public program in history. Keep talking about purity while the politcal landscape in Washington has moved ever further right for the last 30+ years.

Edited by j_b

That's not what Tvash says when he talks about Nader.

Yes, corporate control over America has WITHERED before Ralph's searing wind!

Or...did his actions greatly accelerate that process?

Hmmmmm.......

deregulation, privatization, outsourcing and take over of the state by corporations have been as rapid under Democrats as they have under Republicans.

which events of a similar nature?

events like bombs planted in the middle of the public, which happened to be civil right marchers on MLK day.

no. your position was that the spokane attempt did not get the media coverage of other similar events.

i asked which other similar events?