Another Right-Wing Loon Makes the News

Choada_Boy

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Numerous media people as cited above have noticed the lack of hyped coverage on cable and in the more reliable press so quit talking out of your ass for once.

Well I didn't get called a Dead Ender, only an End Talker.

more non sequitur from you, but still no facts.

Numerous media people as cited above have noticed the lack of hyped coverage on cable and in the more reliable press so quit talking out of your ass for once.

Well I didn't get called a Dead Ender, only an End Talker.

more non sequitur from you, but still no facts.

Yes, still no facts, my thesis exactly. What facts would you like me to make up today? What would make you feel more...validated?

Edited by tvashtarkatena

did you read that nothing appeared on drudge or the NYT for almost 24hrs? isn't that a fact, retard!

so your position is that because there was little media coverage of a failed bombing attempt in spokane, this is indicative of a victory by the right-wing media machine?

so your position is that because there was little media coverage of a failed bombing attempt in spokane, this is indicative of a victory by the right-wing media machine?

when compared to their treatment of other events of a similar nature, its evidence of propaganda.

The incendiary atmosphere in the immediate aftermath of Tuscon probably goes a long way toward explaining why this event didn't get a lot of coverage. But more broadly (at the risk of stating the obvious), there's a certain amount of self-censorship that's gone on with regards to the domestic terrorism issue. Why? Here's a theory. While there is a segment of the media that breaks down along clear partisan lines (Fox vs. MSNBC, for example), many smaller outlets still compete for readers and viewers across a broader spectrum. As with any business in the hyper-politicized atmosphere, it pays to water down content to appeal to the widest possible audience. Given that audience is extremely polarized currently, there is a danger that investigative reporting or keeping domestic terrorism stories in the fore would lead to charges of bias and alienate customers, no matter how clinical and balanced those stories were. There are plenty of examples of such charges in every comments section of thoroughly innocuous Associated Press articles on the topic. Despite the fact that there's a clear, present, and rising danger from rightwing violence, journalism operating as a business in an environment where a significant part of the population is somewhat sympathetic to the ideas underpinning domestic terrorism, if not the actions themselves, reporting on those stories (and the broader movement) would represent a potential business liability. In a climate where "old" journalism is already in deep shit, it doesn't pay to play in minefields.

Most bloggers write about themselves and not much else. "I think this MAY have happened or COULD HAVE happened." Their overly complicated conjecture, often fantastical, given the general disorganization and incompetence of the human condition, is about how smart they are in ferreting out possible conspiracies that they...er...have absolutely no evidence of cuz they haven't gotten out of their PJs in weeks.

Their followers, like Faux Nooz idjits, lap it up because it makes them feel right about things as well, and titillates their required sense of outrage.

Me? I don't need made up shit to fire me up. There's enough real, meticulously well documented shit out there to keep busy.

The incendiary atmosphere in the immediate aftermath of Tuscon probably goes a long way toward explaining why this event didn't get a lot of coverage. But more broadly (at the risk of stating the obvious), there's a certain amount of self-censorship that's gone on with regards to the domestic terrorism issue. Why? Here's a theory. While there is a segment of the media that breaks down along clear partisan lines (Fox vs. MSNBC, for example), many smaller outlets still compete for readers and viewers across a broader spectrum. As with any business in the hyper-politicized atmosphere, it pays to water down content to appeal to the widest possible audience. Given that audience is extremely polarized currently, there is a danger that investigative reporting or keeping domestic terrorism stories in the fore would lead to charges of bias and alienate customers, no matter how clinical and balanced those stories were. There are plenty of examples of such charges in every comments section of thoroughly innocuous Associated Press articles on the topic. Despite the fact that there's a clear, present, and rising danger from rightwing violence, journalism operating as a business in an environment where a significant part of the population is somewhat sympathetic to the ideas underpinning domestic terrorism, if not the actions themselves, reporting on those stories (and the broader movement) would represent a potential business liability. In a climate where "old" journalism is already in deep shit, it doesn't pay to play in minefields.

Or, it just might be that one event was a major historical one and one was not.

Just maybe....

Nobody is making up that the corporate media mostly ignored the attempting bombing of an MLK march, while they usually hype up anything that could be construed as terrorism despite Tvash's claims to the contrary.

I've made no claims other than your originally posted blogurd was crap. Attributing strawmen opinions to your critics...well, that's Faux's bread and butter, isn't it?

You're not fighting the problem, you're part of it, DOOD.