• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
mzvarner

Dry Tooling

So I want to play with dry tooling a little bit. I have not climbed very much ice or mix. What is the proper ettiquete? Can i dry tool crappy moss covered climbs at local crags, Is there a "dry tool" crag in WA?

Text by Dwayner/RainDawg:

"Just go dry tooling at any established sport climbing cliff. The bolters have already fucked up the cliff in perpetuity for all generations to come. If you want I can post photos of the routes with big red circles around each bolt."

Dishman is the uberfucked crag where Hugh Jass put bolts 3 feet apart and chipped + placed plastic holds all over Dane's old route because they were too hard and scary for all the pansy ass bitches who wanted to climb them.

I dont want to start a war here, but i like the climbing at Dishman. I spent three hours cleaning a route there earlier this summer (Body Scarfer .12b i believe). All it needs is a little TLC and its good to go.

Idk to much about the history there.

Dishman is the uberfucked crag where Hugh Jass put bolts 3 feet apart and chipped + placed plastic holds all over Dane's old route because they were too hard and scary for all the pansy ass bitches who wanted to climb them.

pansy ass bitches :lmao:

Pretty much... the Cacodeamon boulder still has some REALLY good routes, like 'Dreamcatcher', 'Bravado' and 'Permanent Waves' well away from the fucked up glued on holds. Such an eyesore!

stone gardens has a couple of drytool routes up on their outdoor wall now.