Whats 'in' for moderate technical Alpine?

Lucky Larry

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of moderate climbs are still, "in," for tough guys/chicks. If you're not one of those then there are fewer, "in," climbs. So which are you?
At the moment I guess it's me thats 'out': rock/Mtn climbing/backpacking fatigue and family and social stuff has culminated in a melt down so I am not even a weak dude, let alone a tough guy, at the moment. But usually I am about mediocre, but ambitious. However, I shall(famous last words) rise again, like the Phoenix. Thank you, I mean it, for your perspective. It maybe my own arrogance but this seems to be a good thread up to now w/solid advice. I don't want to be sketchy or stupid or in over my head. I like fair weather/good conditions to keep things w/in my comfort zone. A Mt. w/about 600-800 ft of lower end moderate technical, 5.6 AI II-III, and around 3k' of elevation gain, 4 mile approach, would be a good starting point for me for a two day trip.

There was 20cm of fresh on Whistler yesterday so high elevation skiing is probably "in"
G-spotter got back to me on this and I'm not quoting him but something like, to paraphrase with liberties; yo dude, have you checked the weather lately, or, maybe you need to smell the coffee first, or, wake up old delirious fatigued man, or, read between the lines bro.

There was 20cm of fresh on Whistler yesterday so high elevation skiing is probably "in"
G-spotter got back to me on this and I'm not quoting him but something like, to paraphrase with liberties; yo dude, have you checked the weather lately, or, maybe you need to smell the coffee first, or, wake up old delirious fatigued man, or, read between the lines bro.

you're so neeeeeegative larry! :lmao:

Actually what I said was, thank you I'm not a skier. And he said, Ya but the point is that techical rock is crap right now and technical high ice is hidden by snow.

It's good for skiing and hiking and that's it until we get some sunny weather.

I was just trying to make fun of how dense I am sometimes. The yoke is on me.

Old Larrys back

Kevin_E_Saturday.jpg

Woot!

Best quote of the day, from the top of the cliff after calling belay on:

"Hey Larry, it's raining up here" (thinking this would speed the shoe putting on type of things as the rain is now coming down lightly but it looks real, real dark drifting right in towards us from across the river....

Larry says: "Yeah?... it's raining down here too..."

:lmao:

you're so neeeeeegative larry! :lmao:

you forgot ignorant too

ingals peak?

das toof.

both of these should be in good condition with a day of good weather.

there is always the good crags of the icicle canyon to get the rock mojo back.

I think I need to adjust my goals; what's das toof? I had fun last w/the Brothers High Ho Silver and co.(names have been changed) at Icicle. Good times there. And now I know about the secret camp that I always drive by. And the Brothers always make up for my lack of character with good pseudo-drama/comedy/pseudo-epics.

Actually what I said was, thank you I'm not a skier. And he said, Ya but the point is that techical rock is crap right now and technical high ice is hidden by snow.

It's good for skiing and hiking and that's it until we get some sunny weather.

I was just trying to make fun of how dense I am sometimes. The yoke is on me.

Slesse was snowfree today but that'll probably change tomorrow, or maybe not. The praks around here are a little drier than Whistler anyways.

Old Larrys back

Kevin_E_Saturday.jpg

Woot!

Best quote of the day, from the top of the cliff after calling belay on:

"Hey Larry, it's raining up here" (thinking this would speed the shoe putting on type of things as the rain is now coming down lightly but it looks real, real dark drifting right in towards us from across the river....

Larry says: "Yeah?... it's raining down here too..."

:lmao:

too bad it didn't rain rogaine ;)