Agenda for Fall Megafest?

Beck

Does anyone out here have anything they want to present or do at the Cascade Climbers' Fall Megafest? Slide Show? Films? bouldering competition? battlecage?

Mattp , what about a trails day or "Fall sweep" cleanup- put a nice positive green spin on a bunch of climbers getting pissy drunk. I'm thinking of booking a band for Saturday afternoon- Any ideas, feedback let me know-

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought maybe we could organize a climbing/bouldering scavenger hunt. It's a bit corny but could be kinda fun. and night climbing should definately be on the agenda.

We could also use the afternoon before the band(?) to do some cleanup (not removing bolts).

Then get drunk. etc....

Beck, a service project would be great if we could find some useful service to perform. Perhaps somebody who is more up on current happenings over there might be able to help identify an appropriate project. Or, heaven forbid, maybe even the District Ranger. But you have been promoting a social event and not a work weekend-we'd almost certainly want to keep any promise rather small. A crag clean up might just fit the bill.

the classic service project for the Icicle Canyon is hand-pulling knapweed. This pest plant grows all along the icicle road, and various clubs and groups sign up to "maintain" various sections of the road. its good pr with the locals, the county, and the usfs...

a good eye-opener is to construct a belay-tower (just use a big tree) and do some drop-tests with a haul-bag full of sand...

might get some laughs with a "white-elephant" gear swap...

Absolutely, Matt P, this is going to be a gathering and not a work weekend, I just wanted to do something small to put some positive local spin on it. If every one who shows up spends one hour pulling knapweed or picking up litter out on the trails we'd get xxx volunteer hours out of it , give us an obstensible excuse for us all getting togther to explain ourselves to the outsiders looking in-

"Whatchoo boys doing out hear?"

"Well, officer , we've come together over the weekend to pull knapweed and clean up some crags in the spirit of green recreation in the Icicle Creek Canyon."

I'm hoping 009 comes out with some films or slides to show, or anyone else who might want to show some of their cool slides.

I'm sure we could rig a converter rig from a car to run a slide show-

Dynamite, what kind of music? There's no power and I don't want to be running any generators so it would have to be acoustic sets-

Let me know ASAP I'm trying to put togther some flyers by Weds PM.

hey blister if you could get spearhead that would be great, have em show up at 3 on Saturday-

I'm looking for people to help with agendas for the weekend, if anyone wants to constructively help out that would be great, some planning will be happening at the next pub club-

By the way, aside from a few buddies I have that post on this site, the only ones of you I actually know are from the Pub Clubs, all the rest of you are internet doppelgangers as far as I'm concerned- come on out from behind the keyboard and drink with your climbin' bros at an upcoming pubclub!!

quote:

Originally posted by Beck:

By the way, aside from a few buddies I have that post on this site, the only ones of you I actually know are from the Pub Clubs, all the rest of you are internet doppelgangers as far as I'm concerned- come on out from behind the keyboard and drink with your climbin' bros at an upcoming pubclub!!

if it weren't for the 5 hour commute each way, i'd be there for the weekly pub meet...

i'll be trying my hardest to cruise over from north idaho to join the ruckus this september in the icicle.

cheers,

micah

EddieE you are the Man!! for lining that up, hikerwa the generator!! excellent and no, that's all cool, micah, hope to see you there- to AlpineK just because I don't climb like you doesn't mean I'm not a climber- you know my cred, right dude?

you got it ehmmic, nice to meet you last night-

What do you want to do/bring/present?

I'm thinking of calling an actual meet of the masterminds of this here megafest sometime in early mid sept to dial it all in and pack it up tight. Stay tuned for details, you can send me an email if you want to go climb something some weekend.

Was up in Lworth yesterday, local Koho radio had fire reports on and they said Bridge creek was saved.. however, the fire is 0% contained.

Am considering another location , do any lworth local climbers have any good locations up the Tumwater or the Chiwawa Valley? I'll need to look into , any ideas for alt loc will be appreciated...we're looking for fee campground (group)with running water and relatively nearby bouldering. Tumwater CG looks like a good 2nd option, there is lots of good looking rock up by Chiwawa horse camp or across river from Alpine Meadows up the Chiwawa valley but haven't checked out the rock... any one out here have any opinions?

I don't know , Pen he's a real BEAR that Teddy, and a total scoundrel, I couldn't stand to lose him again!! He'd be after you like a bear to honey, you buff 5.13 climbing stud!

No, seriously, yes, I hope we can all make it to the megafest, and we have a cool place for it. Keep looking for updates on the Cascade Climbers' Fall Ropeup, location TBA, last weekend in September.

"To assist climbers in fostering stewardship of the vertical environment"