Mythbusting attacks against public workers

j_b

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all, be my guest. I will say - at the risk of being called racist again: Chechen isn't a race. Neither is Muslim. Someone who says something disparaging about Chechen or Muslims or Chechen Muslims alone based on a single mother killing her Westernized Daughter isn't a racist. I realize now that you think a person claiming such is a racist, or that even someone who suggests that a person who says that disparaging comment about Chechen Muslims is not a racist then becomes one in your eyes.

You really are a fucking retard. Fairweather is a racist for his race-baiting about minorities and "reverse racism" (a la FOX news), AND he is an islamophobe for a number of reasons but in particular for his remark about that Chechen women. Whether you can see it or understand what is being said to you is irrelevant but your protests likely points to some closeted bigotry.

I will say - at the risk of being called racist again: Chechen isn't a race. Neither is Muslim. Someone who says something disparaging about Chechen or Muslims or Chechen Muslims alone based on a single mother killing her Westernized Daughter isn't a racist. I realize now that you think a person claiming such is a racist, or that even someone who suggests that a person who says that disparaging comment about Chechen Muslims is not a racist then becomes one in your eyes.

Yeah, I suppose one would just be a bigot, not much of a step up the social evolutionary ladder though.

How does that work with Jews? I mean, it can be an ethnicity, but it can also merely be a religious choice. So disparaging Judaism is not racist, right? It isn't even anti-Semitic since one could feel quite differently about their secular friends of Jewish extraction.

I recall a friend telling me that his Mom wouldn't let them tell "Pollack" jokes back when those were making the rounds, because ethnicity wasn't something that anyone had any control over.

However, as a UT grad, the jokes were perfectly fine with her if they changed "Pollack," to "Aggie," since people made a conscious choice to be Aggies.

Religions are systems of ideas that result in patterns of behavior. At some point, people choose to adopt religious ideas and patterns of behavior and become accountable for both.

You don't really believe that religious beliefs or the behaviors that they inspire in some of their adherents renders them exempt from criticism or scrutiny, you?

I will say - at the risk of being called racist again: Chechen isn't a race. Neither is Muslim. Someone who says something disparaging about Chechen or Muslims or Chechen Muslims alone based on a single mother killing her Westernized Daughter isn't a racist. I realize now that you think a person claiming such is a racist, or that even someone who suggests that a person who says that disparaging comment about Chechen Muslims is not a racist then becomes one in your eyes.

Yeah, I suppose one would just be a bigot, not much of a step up the social evolutionary ladder though.

How does that work with Jews? I mean, it can be an ethnicity, but it can also merely be a religious choice. So disparaging Judaism is not racist, right? It isn't even anti-Semitic since one could feel quite differently about their secular friends of Jewish extraction.

I recall a friend telling me that his Mom wouldn't let them tell "Pollack" jokes back when those were making the rounds, because ethnicity wasn't something that anyone had any control over.

However, as a UT grad, the jokes were perfectly fine with her if they changed "Pollack," to "Aggie," since people made a conscious choice to be Aggies.

Religions are systems of ideas that result in patterns of behavior. At some point, people choose to adopt religious ideas and patterns of behavior and become accountable for both.

You don't really believe that religious beliefs or the behaviors that they inspire in some of their adherents renders them exempt from criticism or scrutiny, you?

In the case of Judaism, however, ethnicity is often the basis for self-identification, not practicing religious belief.

Not at all, be my guest. I will say - at the risk of being called racist again: Chechen isn't a race. Neither is Muslim. Someone who says something disparaging about Chechen or Muslims or Chechen Muslims alone based on a single mother killing her Westernized Daughter isn't a racist. I realize now that you think a person claiming such is a racist, or that even someone who suggests that a person who says that disparaging comment about Chechen Muslims is not a racist then becomes one in your eyes.

You really are a fucking retard. Fairweather is a racist for his race-baiting about minorities and "reverse racism" (a la FOX news), AND he is an islamophobe for a number of reasons but in particular for his remark about that Chechen women. Whether you can see it or understand what is being said to you is irrelevant but your protests likely points to some closeted bigotry.

If it's possible to flatly condemn abortion-clinic bombings and cornholing altar-boys without being a "Christianophobe" then it's certainly possible to condemn religiously inspired stonings, beheadings, the deliberate slaughter of civilians, violence against women who seek employment or schooling, brainwashing in madrassas, familial honor-killings, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, without being an "Islamophobe."

Allan Ginsberg: Islamophobe.

"I got to know the poet Allen Ginsberg towards the end of his life. Not very well, just a nodding acquaintance, but after he died I attended a memorial in his honor at the City University Graduate School. At that service, his personal assistant related a story about Ginsberg’s reaction to the death sentence pronounced on the novelist Salman Rushdie by Ayatollah Khomeini in 1989. Rushdie’s “crime,” you’ll recall, was writing a provocative, perhaps even blasphemous novel inspired by the life of Muhammad called The Satanic Verses.

Though I might be screwing up a few details, the gist of the story was as follows: Soon after news of the fatwa broke, Ginsberg and his assistant climbed into the back seat of a taxi in Manhattan. After a glance at the cab driver’s name, Ginsberg politely inquired if he was a Muslim. When the cabbie replied that he was, Ginsberg asked him what he thought about the death sentence on Rushdie. The cabbie answered that he thought that Rushdie’s book was disrespectful of Islam, and that the Ayatollah had every right to do what he had done. At this point, according to his assistant, Ginsberg, one of the gentlest men ever to walk the planet, flew into a rage, screaming at the cabbie as he continued to drive, “Then I shit on your religion! Do you hear me? I shit on Islam! I shit on Muhammad! Do you hear? I shit on Muhammad!” Ginsberg demanded that the cabbie pull over. The cabbie complied, and, without paying the fare, Ginsberg and his assistant climbed out. He was still screaming at the cabbie as the car drove off."

http://reason.com/archives/2010/05/14/the-poet-versus-the-prophet

If it's possible to flatly condemn abortion-clinic bombings and cornholing altar-boys without being a "Christianophobe" then it's certainly possible to condemn religiously inspired stonings, beheadings, the deliberate slaughter of civilians, violence against women who seek employment or schooling, brainwashing in madrassas, familial honor-killings, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, without being an "Islamophobe."

I never said that what you describe was islamophobic and I also didn't wait for you to suddenly wake up to denounce violence against women either (Islamic neanderthals were already murdering women when Reagan was arming and financing them). I claimed that what Fairweather said was islamophobic. Please, do try to pay attention.

Not sure if you're asking me this question or just being rhetorical, but I'm pretty sure you know I don't believe that.