Kaskade Trad Klan

whillans

Sitting here I'm a loaded gun

Waiting to go off...

I got nothing to do BUT shoot my mouth off

~Black Flag

I would suggest for the first official act of the newly formed "Kaskade Trad Klan" that any and all present and or future members quit posting on this web site.

I own verglas.com, alpinelite.com and cascadeclimbers.net.

If you would care to develop those with me let me know.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please explain why when one group takes a perfectly good name and associates it with some dumb ass ideology that the rest of us should roll over and let them have it?some of my ancestors were a clan in scotland drinking single malt and lifting each others kilts long before any Alabama inbred jed in a sheet started calling himself klan. sooooo therrrre.

Scott,

Good question, when I first exposed the Clan to the general public I made absolutely no reference to the KKK. I never even used K's at first, someone else started that. I was worried that a connection would be made, but where people take a stupid joke is out of my hands. Infact, I think you are the first to mention the KKK...

Still, the CTC or KTK is alive and kicking, and I didn't name them. They are not racist by any means. However, they do discriminate against gym climbers, sport climbers, and boulderers openly. That said, some one told me that they have secret meetings at the bar on Tuesday nights.

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

please explain why when one group takes a perfectly good name and associates it with some dumb ass ideology that the rest of us should roll over and let them have it?some of my ancestors were a clan in scotland drinking single malt and lifting each others kilts long before any Alabama inbred jed in a sheet started calling himself klan. sooooo therrrre.

3_SS.jpg

The existence of certain hitherto secret organizations can no longer be denied...

[This message has been edited by Dru (edited 08-10-2001).]

Lambone,

quoted from Adamson's website...

"The person using the term Kaskade Trad Klan was an all around climber who just happens to really like sport climbing and works in a climbing gym. So what? He's a nice guy on email and I hope to go climbing with him someday.. "

Feel like a dick now?

Scott, from now on we wil call ourselves TRAD PRIDE and say "We're rad, we're trad, and we're not in the closet anymore. we got racks, we like cracks and we leave tracks up and down every peak around". we will have a rainbow coloured banner and wear pansies in our hair. tongue.gif

sorry about your cat, man. did you know overfeeding an animal is pet abuse? i'm gonna report you to the spca.

quote:

Originally posted by fredrogers:

The SS Badge is a nice touch, Drew.

???? I though it was George Bush's Skull and Bones membership badge or something to do with pirates?? not only was i never in the ss but I have never been to brazil OR argentina!

Scott, Prozac will help. that or a lobotomy. And since you found the change from KTK to Trad Pride to be unacceptable too we will now call ourselves the "G8 ANARCHIST UNABOMBER PEDOPHILES FOR CHRIST" because that won't offend anyone. tongue.gif It doesnt havemuch to do with Trad anymore but...

[This message has been edited by Dru (edited 08-13-2001).]