STITCHES ARE OUT!!! w00t w00t!!

sobo

Goddamn, these things were itching to beat hell, and I was supposed to have them in for another fuq'n week. So I called the surgeon at UW who carved on me, and he said that if I had access to someone that knew what they were doing, I could have them taken out early.

So my good friends, a husband and wife team (he a fire battalion captain and paramedic, she a RN and schoolin' to become an Advanced Nurse Practitioner), asked if they could have a little fun with me. Of course, I obliged...

So here's what they looked like... The incision about 2 inches above the right end of the big hole is where they removed the sentinel lymph node for additional screening/biopsy, and the incision to the left and a few inches below the big hole is where they removed another melanomous (sp??) mole that my body's immune system had actually stopped from growing. How's that for tough DNA? :)

Melanoma-stitches.jpg

The doc said the big hole would be 4 cm high by 10 cm long. I'd say he was pretty accurate...

Melanoma-stitches_scale.jpg

Nurse Tehea rips out the last of the little blighters... there were 8 of them!

Melanoma-stitches_removal.jpg

Ahhhhhh, that feels soooooooooo good right now...

Melanoma-stitches_removed.jpg

Props go out to Nurse Tehea for her stunning performance, and to her husband Gerry the Paramedic for the pics! Thanks, guys! :kisss:

In case some of you are wondering what this shit is all about, click here for my pathology report thread.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! Plus, a totally rad scar. cheers!

But at least you had an excuse to shave your back! :brew:

:lmao: I wondered how many posts it would take before someone mentioned back hair.

Thanks, rob, for keeping it to the absolute minimum. :)

Melanoma?
Eee-yup. Follow the link at the end of the OP to the Counseling Corner. And don't forget your sunscreen!

PS did they need a lawn mower to shave your back?
What's funny is it took me several days later to notice that they also shaved a huge patch off my left upper thigh. I'm still wondering WTF that was for... :crazy:

]What's funny is it took me several days later to notice that they also shaved a huge patch off my left upper thigh. I'm still wondering WTF that was for... :crazy:

when they were shaving, maybe they had trouble telling which end was which :D

Edited by rob

]What's funny is it took me several days later to notice that they also shaved a huge patch off my left upper thigh. I'm still wondering WTF that was for... :crazy:

when they were shaving, maybe they had trouble telling which end was which :D

and they were thinking with a face like that they should shave his ass and get him to crawl backwards?

A woman was very distraught at the fact that she had not had a date or any sex in quite some time.

She was afraid she might have something wrong with her, so she decided to seek the medical expertise of a sex therapist. Her doctor recommended that she see Dr. Chang, the well-known Chinese sex therapist, so she went to see him.

Upon entering the examination room, Dr. Chang said, "OK, take off all you crose." The woman did as she was told. "Now, get down and craw reery, reery fass to odder side of room." Again, the woman did as she was instructed. Dr. Chang then said, "OK, now craw reery, reery fass back to me." So she did.

Dr. Chang shook his head slowly and said, "Your probrem vewy bad. You haf Ed Zachary Disease. Worse case I ever see. Dat why you not haf sex or dates."

Worried, the woman asked anxiously, "Oh my God, Dr. Chang, what is Ed Zachary Disease?"

Dr. Chang looked the woman in the eye and replied, "Ed Zachary Disease is when your face rook Ed Zachary rike your ass."

633996946750071215-thedoctorsays.jpg

Keep and eye on that Sobo, it's taken out 2 of my friends.

Seriously, we all need to be pretty rigid in our sunscreen habits, so I've been told. It may be too late for us old-timers, but you young bucks out there are at risk. The docs said it was all the tanning and living on the beach as a kid in Italy that did it. Not so much to blame on the mountaineering at altitude.

She washed her hands and sterilized her utensils before she started.

Neither one of us was too worried about it.

i had a woman wash my balls recently before surgery

sure seemed like i shoulda tipped her...

the shaving i had to handle meself - quite possibly the most annoying crotch-based sit'ation i've experienced since Jimmy Started Feeling Funny :)

Seriously, we all need to be pretty rigid in your sunscreen habits, so I've been told. It may be too late for us old-timers, but you young bucks out there are at risk. The docs said it was all the tanning and living on the beach as a kid in Italy that did it. Not so much to blame on the mountaineering at altitude.

This topic shouldn't be in spray, but should be up front and prominent. I had similar surgery in February during which they took out much of my upper lip. Immediately after the cancer was removed, it looked like I had been shot in the face with a .357. A very talented plastic surgeon restored my face with a collection of incisions involving my nose, lip (split down the center) and my cheek. Months later, it's hard to tell I had such drastic surgery. ("cuz you still ugly".ha, preempted you) although I'm still recovering. The likely origins date back 30 years or so from severe sunburns acquired from many days on glaciers while wearing (or not) weak-sauce sunscreen. The lesson? Figure it out. Use the screen or it might come back and bite you in the butt (or elsewhere, like your back or face) harshly years from now.

Thanks for sharing your story, sobo, and don't be surprised if weeks from now you might spit out a few of the internal stitches that don't always dissolve. A little hole will form and you'll see a piece of string. (Or someone else will since it's on your back...unless your neck turns around 180 degrees like that puking green-faced little girl in "The Exorcist") Give it an uncomfortable tug and you might find several inches of catgut with a knot in it. Nice souvernir! But ask your doctor first.

aloha,

Dwayner/Raindawg/Don

I put this thread in Spray because of the gnarly pics and the fact that I knew it would take about 0.583 nanoseconds before someone would mention back hair, and quickly the thread would devolve and ultimately be moved to Spray anyway. I was just saving the moderators some time and effort. :)

I put my pathology results thread in the Cafe' cuz I figured that would be the place where all sorts of hugs and kisses would ensue, there would be much glurge and happy chants (given the results of those tests), and no one wants to see that sort of Sensitivioso shit in Spray anyway, so I was just saving everyone some time.

Right or wrong, such was my logic. Thinking about it in retrospect, I suppose I could have started both threads in the Fitness Forum, since it's a health-related issue. If a mod wants to move both threads to Fitness, please feel free to do so. Just send me a PM that you did so I can reset my Watch List.