• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Crillz

Rain at Index today 5/24

Anyone in the know? Is it wet?

Heading over shortly from Seattle. Should I be more prepared for aiding?

the clouds are breaking around monroe right now. If it wasn't raining there this morning, I would suspect it is fine. But it is washington........

w00t!

Keep people at Private Idaho so we don't have to scrub it again. Next time walk 5 minutes up the hill and check out Peanuts to Serve You (5.9) and Them (5.8)

The concesus between the 2 people that I know who have climbed it is 5.9.

Wait... What climb are we talking about? baa

I also forgot about Index Air Force. It's a cruxy 5.10 that we scrubbed last year. It's to the left of Them. The top out is kind of crappy, but a fun route nonetheless.

Edited by fenderfour

Them is a good route. Much easier than Godzilla. Easier than Princely. Short.

I thought ratings had to do with the hardest move, not the length. There was definitely a 5.9 move or two.

The concesus between the 2 people that I know who have climbed it is 5.9.

Wait... What climb are we talking about? baa

I was talking about Them on wall of 10,000 insects. :[]

consensus of 2 people, one of whom (the one that gave 9+) is probably you :)

Why would I cite an external rating along with my personal sentiment that it was legitimate if I had padded the rating? That is some political double talk man.

Edited by summitchaserCJB

consensus of 2 people, one of whom (the one that gave 9+) is probably you :)

Yeah, kind of funny.

Them is a good route. Much easier than Godzilla. Easier than Princely. Short.

I thought ratings had to do with the hardest move, not the length. There was definitely a 5.9 move or two.

... so it's a 5.9 then? Good.

(however, route grades OFTEN take into consideration how sustained the difficulties are)

Anyway, the CURRENT MOUNTAINPROJECT CONSENSUS is 5.9! STAY TUNED FOR MORE EXCITING ROUTE GRADING DEVELOPMENTS!

Great job on (re)cleaning/scrubbing Private Idaho...hadn't been there for a year or two before going back there a few weeks ago. Really impressive -thank you!

Anyway, the CURRENT MOUNTAINPROJECT CONSENSUS is 5.9! STAY TUNED FOR MORE EXCITING ROUTE GRADING DEVELOPMENTS!

It's 5.8 according to Cummins.

http://www.stanford.edu/~clint/index/itwrat.htm

5.10c according to Cash.

http://www.summitpost.org/image/320307/236229/them.html

There's a big difference between 5.9+ and 5.10c. Me thinks someone went for the jams instead of the obvious lieback

I WOULD say it's as hard as the crux of Davis-Holland.

Ya I said 10b initially. I'd downgrade to 10a now but it's beefy.

Are you high? You said there are a couple 5.9 moves. You voted 5.9+ for it on Mountainproject. Now, you say it was a 10b but you'll give it a 10a? What the hell.

w00t!

Keep people at Private Idaho so we don't have to scrub it again. Next time walk 5 minutes up the hill and check out Peanuts to Serve You (5.9) and Them (5.8)

Peanuts and Them are both fun. Thanks again for the scrubbing. :tup: Them seemed burlier than Peanuts, if I remember correctly, but certainly not harder than any other 5.9 there.

I WOULD say it's as hard as the crux of Davis-Holland.

Ya I said 10b initially. I'd downgrade to 10a now but it's beefy.

Are you high? You said there are a couple 5.9 moves. You voted 5.9+ for it on Mountainproject. Now, you say it was a 10b but you'll give it a 10a? What the hell.

duty_calls.png