Carlos B is the man!

JasonG

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlos is a big fan. But then Carlos can climb most stuff with a club and a nail through it when he is in the mood. The e-climb stuff feels good with some innovative engineering.

But to be honest I was a bit put off by the cosmetics :)

so passed at the chance...and happy with my rather plain jane Nomics.

I work with a woman who was one of Carlos' professors at Huxley College. She was a climber herself and remembers Carlos as being very interested in climbing at the time and said he was a nice young man. There is a photo of Carlos on the summit of Mt Everest with a 'Huxley' flag hanging in the Huxley College main office.

Edited by danielpatricksmith

I'm pretty sure its a picture from K2. Spacing out meeting with an adviser the other month was made a lot more interesting with that picture. According to Wikipedia he is one of only 66 WWU students to receive the "Distinguished Alumni Award"

I work with a woman who was one of Carlos' professors at Huxley College. She was a climber herself and remembers Carlos as being very interested in climbing at the time and said he was a nice young man. There is a photo of Carlos on the summit of Mt Everest with a 'Huxley' flag hanging in the Huxley College main office.

He also wrote a cool piece. "interpersonal and group dynamics as a function of Mountaineering stress" (or something titled like that) It's in the B-Ham college library....he climbed a variety of different Cascade Volcanoes with diffent groups and took notes on key functions that pertained to the self and the group....just do a database search for Carlos Buhler and you'll find it up there....at least it was there in 2001. It's a good read.

[shameless namedropping] I've known Carlos for over 15 years now, and have climbed with him on a few occasions. I have never met a more modest, personable, caring, and truly genuine human being in all my 50 years on this planet. The guy is simply top notch; no other way to describe it.

Years ago, he sent me postcards from his NR K2 trip right after we climbed together at Lightning Dome, while I was laid up in bed for a week because of an OTJ worker's comp back injury. It got me out of bed that much faster. He did a fundraiser for CWMR a couple of years ago in Yakima for practically nothing (I think all he wanted was his gas covered). He encouraged my climbing to no end. I can't say enough great things about the guy.

Oh yeah, he has mad climbing skilz, too. [/shameless namedropping]

From the fundraiser...

Carlos_and_sobo.jpg