Naked first ascent at The Far Side

billcoe

Bolts are bad but this sort of thing is ok?

No Geoff: bolts can be fine, smoking out of a rock pipe is fine, running around naked is fine, enjoying your life and drinking in moderation is fine too. Beer is fine, wine is fine. It's all good. Swimming naked is fine too. Ever try it? Get naked and swim over to that island after climbing at Beacon in the summer? I used to do it a lot. You can almost wade over there in August when the river drops, and its a short refreshing swim. Crap, when I was young I lived with @ 10 folks once, and we all hung out at the nude beach a lot (Sauvies). One of them was a 62 year old heavy woman. Anyone who is all uptight probably should head over there, strip it off and get over themselves. Crap, you head over to Copenhagen or and when the first suns of spring are out there's naked and half naked folks sunning all over the city in the parks. Some smokin hot women too. You dudes just need to relax a tad and lighten up on all these judgmental things you have running all inside yer minds. .

Thanks Bill. Different strokes, I get it.

I'm done with leaving the country though, well, maybe Canada, and naked beaches are pretty much off my list of shit to ever see again, if possible. I am glad you and Jim kept your shit on.

And, I'll say it right now, Ivan, I aint trying to see you naked in a river, or otherwise, or taking a crap. I'm sure in Denmark they flick po on each other and it's just great, but I have to draw the line.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very good, counselor... objection noted and sustained! the only nuts that i want to see are those of the wired variety and not those connected to any of y'all - KB, wasn't the first time enough?

Well, I was thinking of a nude ascent of Nutcracker in May but it might be hard to find a partner. Also the first pitch would be a scary fall with clothes, I'd hate to see the rash from a nekid fall. Yeah, I think I'm done with naked climbing now that all three routes on the bare buttress are done... but we'll see.

I still need to get the hi-res pics from Jeff Thomas for your viewing displeasure

Were there no successful ascents on TR last year???

This routes was rap cleaned as it started out looking more like a garden than a cliff. The mound of dirt at the base is well over head height. And their are 2 60" plasma TV's sitting at the base as well. Who could resist a quick rope solo after a day of digging?

KB, wasn't the first time enough?

This was the first lead of this route.

I had abandoned the thought of doing it on gear last year but When I came back to aid Adam's Crack my ADHT distracted me into looking for gear on this route and it turned out their was just enough to justify doing the route. Then I couldn't resist completing the third and final route on the bare buttress in the original style.

Do you guys go to the gym and use the hot tub/sauna/steam room in the locker room with the naked dues and tell them to put on some shorts? Or walk in and go ewwwwwww, you idiots are naked? Likely not (although it's not fun to see). I find a bunch of naked dudes sitting in a hot tub together more disturbing than my naked rockclimbing. Plus, I stand a way better chance of having a girl walk in than the nude tubbers do. :grin:

Thanks Bill, Jim, and Jeff for a memorable day of climbing - you guys rock!

• 1 month later...