F.....A....R S...I...D..E.............

Bumkin

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is affraid of the masses.

I'm not afraid of the masses, I just don't like them, partly because they chalk the shit of climbs that don't need any chalk at all, which would be every climb at DZ/FS.

Wow looks great! How close to the Ozone? Is there aid climbing? Rock on!

I have to admit, this is kind of where I'm finding the whole aid renaissance thing a bit out of hand...

I have to admit, this is kind of where I'm finding the whole aid renaissance thing a bit out of hand...

how many data-pts you relying on there, ole-boy? :) hardly more than a handful of us out there, and mostly just 'cuz we like big-walls....

driving to either of he 'zones for aid'n is reta'ded though :)

cord - come aid out at beacon, much better there - siege tactics will be a fine start on the n side

I understand that there is ALMOST (almost) a SINGLE aid line at the Far Side. Actually, as there is no chalk on aid routes, it's difficult to determine it for real. As of right now there is NONE, I think. There's a part of one for sure there by the blackberry bushes in the Drop Zone area - as you know, having retrieved Jons gear. That may in fact be a full aid route. However, that one will certainly go free once it's clean and dry, leaving ....NO aid routes anywhere on the cliff. None. Not a one, zip...zilch...

Yup, the whole aid renaissance thing is a bit out of hand. ;)

Rock on.

ps, thanks for the thanks up there! :wave:

Oh, and the pictures linked up there: I think that is the 2nd ascent, the first 4 year old ascent, of Kitty (kiddy) Litter is it not? I missed it but I heard about it! Damn exciting and invigorating, that's the next generation right there running laps on yer routes boyz.

2009-08-22_14_07_16.jpg

What a cutie, wish it was clearer. You'll have some great, heartfelt memories of this long years after she grows up and moves out.

Oh, and the pictures linked up there: I think that is the 2nd ascent, the first 4 year old ascent, of Kitty (kiddy) Litter is it not? I missed it but I heard about it! Damn exciting and invigorating, that's the next generation right there running laps on yer routes boyz.

2009-08-22_14_07_16.jpg

Proud! :tup: :tup: if only I could have been doing that when I was that young!

Yup, the whole aid renaissance thing is a bit out of hand. ;)

Seems that way, when the first question is about aid given the number of great free climbs out there. Love aid, but as an accompaniment to free climbing rather than in lieu of it, and sometimes that seems to be what's really going on - totally cool so long as it doesn't cost rock as a result. Could be I'm just a bit sensitive on the subject at the moment given the circumstance (and the endlessly fixed rope which, if Jim were going to remove anything...).