THIS is BS!

Dane

I am so tired of all the new ski/SB decent TRs. Damnit doesn't anyone know we should still be climbing in these storms blowing through?

I'd write a trip report myself but we keep failing on the approach...too much snow :)

ago.sized.jpg

I'd given my left nut for skiis last on the walk out :)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been fighting different approach techniques/gear this winter for climbing and still have yet to hit it right on any one climbing trip.

And Dirtbag - that's right, don't call me for those, I'm waiting for the sunny thawy days from now on!

Veronika, count me in for the b&b and short approach, day pushes are a thing for people who like sleeping in their own beds too much.

Off of whistler/blackcomb (along the spearhead somewhere? I've only heard it mentioned in passing). I'm guessing some sort of giant impromptu spectre... seems a bit desperate though.

That last bit of pro in that pic or the very first picture tips us off:-)

ps, it looks like a human in that first pic, but it would be easy to miss with a cursory glance! W00T! You Dane?

Ya, a bit of spindrift..it is Dave my partner, suffering more than I for the moment :)

This was a few moments before and then he just dissappeared for 30m or so. At that point I put the camera away.

agq.sized.jpgago.sized.jpg

We only did one easy pitch but saw each other less than 60% of the time. He was bitching about blowing the snow out of his nose or something similar. Fifty + pitches of ice this winter and this week is the coldest I've been, while wearing the most amount of clothes!

Dave doesn't laugh full time at my visor now though ;)