Obama Haiti Speech

billcoe

I heard the Presidents speech this am while driving into work on my car radio. It was an offer to help the rescue and rebuild of Haiti from the earthquake they just got hit with. The man has a fantastic way with words, and as a citizen it made me both proud and happy. It has specifics, along with the platitudes and generalities.

No matter what side of the isle you inhabit, you should listen to his offer to assist them in their time of need. It's really what I want my country to be known for worldwide, and not for just being a bully who will come right over, kill you and all of your family members, and then your pets and livestock, if you don't do what we say.

Bravo Barak.

I don't know how the right wing wackos on radio can spin this as a negative, however, I suspect they will try.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shouldn't we pay more attention to our own problems??? :wave:

What do you mean "our" problems? Haven't conservatives been telling us all these years that any problems that "we" have are an individual lapse in moral character or an issue of personal responsibility?

see the little guy waving his hand??? that means i'm being slightly sarcastic. gee whiz porter. is ur wifey withholding or what?

duh! trolling on a subject like that is cool, just ask this chick :wave: :wave: :wave: :

http://twitter.com/mollymshephard

personally i find joking and trolling about the death pretty offensive. maybe you don't.

You got problems? Get a fuckin' job.

umm, i actually created about ten this year fuck for brains....

Huh, you always made it sound like you created your wealth yourself. Sounds like the system's working out just fine for you, what's your problem again?

You got problems? Get a fuckin' job.

umm, i actually created about ten this year fuck for brains....

Huh, you always made it sound like you created your wealth yourself. Sounds like the system's working out just fine for you, what's your problem again?

wealth, i don't now id i'd call it wealth. i'm really not near as vain as u are. i have had help from many, and when do i ever talk about my my so called wealth??? what system??? i take what i can get dude and really just take what's left over for the most part.

see the little guy waving his hand??? that means i'm being slightly sarcastic. gee whiz porter. is ur wifey withholding or what?

duh! trolling on a subject like that is cool, just ask this chick :wave: :wave: :wave: :

http://twitter.com/mollymshephard

personally i find joking and trolling about the death pretty offensive. maybe you don't.

well then why don't u edit or delete my post. hell, why don't you just ban me??? i'm sure i won't be missed and i'm ok with that.

You mean problems like you? We seem to do ok! we only lost under 2 thousand with katrina and look at the hubbub. Other countries pitched in to help us now. This going to be tens of thousands of dead people. maybe our problems aren't as bad?

YEAH BUT KATRINA WAS THE MOSTEST HORRIBLEST CATASTROPHE EVER AND IT IS ALL BUSH'S FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to take the question seriously though, it ain't that hard to rationalize taking care of haitians in their own country as being self-interested - disasters in that island have historically resulted in mass migrations to the usa, and political instabilyt there has resulted in our occupation of the island a dozen times or so in the past century - so it's our problem if we deal w/ it in situ or not, yeah?

to take the question seriously though, it ain't that hard to rationalize taking care of haitians in their own country as being self-interested - disasters in that island have historically resulted in mass migrations to the usa, and political instabilyt there has resulted in our occupation of the island a dozen times or so in the past century - so it's our problem if we deal w/ it in situ or not, yeah?

it wasn't a serious question? it was rhetorical. why am i not banned yet? lets have book burning party.

Edited by pink