truth!

kevbone

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course your bloody-minded anti-communism and interventionism in the region has been a huge success, right? Iran being a case in point where a popular secular leadership, happy to sell oil to the West if not allow the wealth to be suctioned out of the country, was not good enough for Standard Oil and the American Idiots pissing their pants (needlessly) that the country would "go commie". One coup and one America-friendly dictatorship bent on squashing its enemies on the Left later and we get an Islamic Revolution and three generations of Iranians that hate America. Great work! Gold Star! :tup::tup:

do you ever read the stuff you write?

Of course your bloody-minded anti-communism

"bloody-minded" is what YOUR ideologoy has proven itself to be over the last hundred years.

and interventionism in the region has been a huge success, right?

You are barking up the wrong tree. If anything I lean isolationist. I am perfectly willing to argue about any of our "foreign misadventures" - especially with you rabid left-wingers who live in some myopic fantasy world (kumbaya, anyone?).

I am perfectly willing to argue about any of our "foreign misadventures" - especially with you rabid left-wingers who live in some myopic fantasy world (kumbaya, anyone?).

You haven't argued anything around here for over a year now besides some whiskey or Kevbone bullshit.

Of course your bloody-minded anti-communism

"bloody-minded" is what YOUR ideologoy has proven itself to be over the last hundred years.

and interventionism in the region has been a huge success, right?

You are barking up the wrong tree. If anything I lean isolationist. I am perfectly willing to argue about any of our "foreign misadventures" - especially with you rabid left-wingers who live in some myopic fantasy world (kumbaya, anyone?).

funny how Ron Paul was a wacko and even being ridiculed and condescended to during the GOP debates and now all of a sudden he's their new poster boy for conservative values.

I don't recall hearing much isolationism from you a few years ago, more like FOAD STFU and lick sack to anyone who dared suggest Iraq was a boondoggle.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

I don't recall hearing much isolationism from you a few years ago, more like FOAD STFU and lick sack to anyone who dared suggest Iraq was a boondoggle.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

do you actually expect a meaningful answer?

blah blah blah.

So back the original topic. Am I the only one who thinks a total withdrawl of troops will make us safer?

i reckon the general feel is its complicated, kev, eh? we'd have been safer had we never gotten ourselves so fucking involved probably (but who knows? maybe NOT being involved in the world at the end of ww2 woulda been more destructive in the grand sense).

at any rate its irrelevant - we have gotten involved and unless you can get your delorrean up to 88 mph that can't change - i'm for withdrawing from this fucked up neck of the woods, but i'm not so goddamn naive as to think that means the folks there are immediately going to forget about us and we'll actually BE safer- mostly they just need a hate-fuck subsitute - take iran for example - the current hatred they have for us is essentially the same thing they had for the brits, who we replaced - in the end, if we want to be safer, we gotta convince the towelheads there's somebody better to detest than us :)