• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Kimmo

Body Fat Testing

All of the methods short of immersion are based on averages which don't apply as well to people with athletic body types.

You could probably figure something out with a spring scale and a garbage can full of water though if you really want to be cheap...

i was actually kidding about the haston diet -- and strongly suspect he was as well. i'm interested in your strategy for shedding the adipose. i've lost some by eating more greens and putting in some time running.

hmmm i had the feeling haston was serious about his 800/day diet, but i think my strategy's gonna be eating light and mainly raw foods (including raw fish and some kitfo mmmmmm), drinking only fresh juices on some days every week, and eating some whey protein powder in fresh juice before and after workouts. mebbe 500 cal one day, 1500 the next, depending on activity level.

oh, and no beer, starting feb 1st. fukinay. crazy dorky shit all this i say!

oh, and no beer, starting feb 1st. fukinay. crazy dorky shit all this i say!

No Beer!

That is taking it too far Kimmo.

:noway:

yeah...no shit, you crazy finn...you'll die w/o beer...better switch to vodka...

being a full-blooded finn, drying out for a month on occasion strikes me as a pretty good idea. :)

Oregon people- your best bet for VO2/training zones performance test or Body fat testing is COCC in Bend. www.cocc.edu/exphyslab.I used to work there and they are legit.

anyone know where to get accurate ie. water immersion body fat testing in seattle? 24 hour fitness does it once a month for $50, but couldn't find anywhere else.

The question you really need to ask is "why the **** do I need to know my body fat?"

Seriously, there is no functional purpose other than for clinical assessment of obese individuals, or for those who are extremely lean or anorexic.

If you are a highly athletic male, BF less than 8% can actually be dangerous, and for females this cutoff is 12-14%. Remember, adequate fat percentages support the production of testosterone, and this is critical...

Seriously, there is no functional purpose other than for clinical assessment of obese individuals, or for those who are extremely lean or anorexic.

If you are a highly athletic male, BF less than 8% can actually be dangerous, and for females this cutoff is 12-14%. Remember, adequate fat percentages support the production of testosterone, and this is critical...

:rolleyes: yeah tell that to any elite athlete in the endurance sport game.