• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Plaidman

Yosemite - Wide Tour

Super amped for the trip to the Valley.

Weather is shaping up.

Yosemite - Weather - NOAA

My buddie is buying the gas.

We are taking his new van so one of us can sleep on the way down.

I have the list of wide routes.

I have the wide Gear.

WideGear.JPG

I have the plan to get Snake Dike done.

Now it is just getting to sleep that will be a problem.

Leaving on Thursday morning.

I will be there for just 4 days.

That will have to do for this season.

Plaidman

Yowza!!! Get some! I spent 2 weeks as camp bitch in June when I'd trashed my legs and was unable to climb. I thought it would be difficult but I really enjoyed just being there with my bros. They liked my soup stuff.

Specialized Equipment for the Valley

redwheelbarrow.jpg

We are taking Ricks van to the Valley.

So why not take a wheel barrow to make it easy moving into Camp 4. We can do it in style. And bring crap that we won't even use.

I don't want to burn any extra energy.

I am going to save it for getting torn up on the wide cracks.

Plaidman

This topic has been moved. Moving to Climber's Board - let's keep the stoke out of Spray! ;) ;)

Man, that's where my best work goes.....damnit. I have pics of Sacherer Cracker and Moby Dick when my legs were good trip, I'll go find it.

edited so I can keep my inner asshole in check:-)

Edited by billcoe

dude i saw mary neked in her van when i was talking to her about resoling my shes. what a hawt bod. got stuck on a bigger wall in a storm and she would come out twice a day and ask if we needed a rescue. she certainly kept the blood flowing :)

Edited by pink

LOL! She did my shoes once back in the day too Andrew. Did good work. Last year on the trip down while the boyz were up on the East Buttress of Middle I bumped into her at the store and said hi: she talked non-stop on what they were up to for at LEAST 2 hours. WOW! :noway: I kept trying to excuse myself but it just kept going on and on and on.... She's a great gal, but as much as she talks, Werner may be the perfect dude for her being hard of hearing and all. :lmao:

well good for you! aren't you special!

I knew this should have stayed in spray, KNEW IT!!!!!

It's a shame.

LOL! She did my shoes once back in the day too Andrew. Did good work. Last year on the trip down while the boyz were up on the East Buttress of Middle I bumped into her at the store and said hi: she talked non-stop on what they were up to for at LEAST 2 hours. WOW! :noway: I kept trying to excuse myself but it just kept going on and on and on.... She's a great gal, but as much as she talks, Werner may be the perfect dude for her being hard of hearing and all. :lmao:

when i think of the valley i think of werner and mary. good frkin peeps and real frikin climbers.

Awesome! Have fun!

Hope you've been practicing your hand stacks and Levitttttation!

Hey I say ....

What happened to my thread?

I think it got hijacked.

I was talking about wheelbarrows in the Valley and all of a sudden weirdness happened.

Plaidman

What happened was I got sick of Pink's insistence on poking at John F on every opportunity.

Anyway, play on!

(from the gallery, pic by 'castlecrag')

6003generator.jpg