Warning Armed Nutjob in North Cascades

Mal_Con

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

uhh... weather? maybe if he was pulling a mccandless..

the write up make his intention very clear, and living in the mountains ain't it.

Kino Michael Gomez, 51, wrote his family a “goodbye” letter, telling them he was taking a “one-way trip to the mountains.”

“It will be quick and painless. Let no one get in my way — I will not be very kind. Despair has now changed to anger.”

"Police say Tom Pfaeffle had just checked in to the Blue Spruce Motel at about 10:45 p.m. He had a room key for Room 8, but he was mistakenly trying his key in Room 7 when Gomez fired a .40-caliber Glock 27 handgun through the door. Pfaeffle was hit once on his right side, just below his armpit, according to Balam. He died two hours later at Mid-Valley Hospital in Omak.

Two other shots were fired, including one that went into the neighboring room, where another guest was in bed. The man was not hurt, although the lead from the bullet landed next to him on the bed, a police report said."

Wow! Don't make that mistake.

blake and I may have seen him in the picket range...

Are you serious? Fill us in on the details!

1) I can't believe that ahole got out on a $100k bail

2) what the f$&k is up with people and their "gun rights"? He claims he's going to kill himself before society takes his "gun rights" away. Get a grip, there's a bit more to life than clutching your cold steel!

Its almost hunting season, he'll fit right in with all of the other armed nutjobs wandering around in the woods.

I assume (and hope) that you're joking.

I spent a day hiking and an evening drinking at White Pass with a couple of local hunters from Darrington. Great guys, carrying 30-06's. Totally great people, and very safe.

It's usually the "flatlanders" that shoot people claiming that they thought it was a bear. Well, flatlanders or 16-year olds.

Incidentally, high hunt started on the 15th.

blake and I may have seen him in the picket range...

Are you serious? Fill us in on the details!

1) I can't believe that ahole got out on a $100k bail

2) what the f$&k is up with people and their "gun rights"? He claims he's going to kill himself before society takes his "gun rights" away. Get a grip, there's a bit more to life than clutching your cold steel!

yeah its jacked for his fam to have lost the $100k as well...he took advantage of their faith in him...

but i think his armed excursion into the wilderness has more to do with losing his freedom...not his gun rights

his letter:

“The media, the bloggers, the police, the justice system, none of whom witnessed the alleged crime, already hung me. ... Well, just for spite, I shall deprive society of the circus it so bloody craves — the bearded lady quit!” his letter states.